Bruce’s new toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce’s new toys

He went to his meeting last night and it was a tool swap. He came home with - Jet slow water grinder (?), new never used air brush, and a never used spray tent that exhausts to the outside and an extra tent. All for the grand total of $35.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

After cleaning the wheel and going through the drawers he found all the attachments/tools that came with the grinder. He priced everything and it was $500 plus. A member was selling the tools tor the wife of a member whose husband died last year. You think SLRA is picky with measuring, you should see him with his tools!
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

$35 was a great price no matter what. Bruce definitely scored big time. And by the same token, the wife found new homes for her hubby's stuff that she had no use for. I'd rather sell cheap to someone who may actually use them than any other purpose.
      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

It took him a year to get rid of all the stuff for her. That actually cost Bruce a $5.00 donation to the club. All the attachments are Tormex. $35 was for everything. He’s quite happy.
        Betty

Comment

Good deal! It is always nice when tools find appropriate new homes. What brand and model is the airbrush?
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

As Rolf said, it is good for equipment to get to a new home. Our amateur radio club has helped sell many estates through the years.
            Jim
            When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
            Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McDonald View Post
              As Rolf said, it is good for equipment to get to a new home. Our amateur radio club has helped sell many estates through the years.
              That is what our woodworking group does for the members if sadly needed.
              Rolf

Comment

This is his $40 haul. The paint bush was never used. He cleaned up the grinder. He added up all the attachments and brand new everything would be almost $800. This was their yearly tool swap. Every month members bring things they don’t need and swap smaller items. Even scrap wood. Anything 5”x5” Bruce uses for his pepper grinders. He has sharpened his turning tools and is ready to turn birdhouses.

The average age of the members is 65+. They have some younger members but not many. Covid did a number on people returning back to the monthly meetings. They used to have 50-60 attend, but lucky if they now have 30.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by will8989; 08-16-2022, 09:11 AM.
                Betty

Comment

I forgot to mention the 5000 watt(?) generator his brother gave him. His brother does house remodeling and lots of times people give him “stuff” just to get rid of it. Bruce had to drain the gas, change the fuel lines and some other minor things for $35 and it starts on the first pull.
                  Betty

Comment

Ok Betty--- that just comes down to massive good luck --- to help offset all of the misfortune and accidents that came your way. Happy for your turn of events.
                    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

The Jet looks like a clone of the Tormak system. The Pasch is also a good air brush brand. Nice deals!
                      Our annual club show always has a "tool coral" Our big show is coming up in a few weeks. Sept 17-18
                      Rolf

Comment

He called yesterday about a besimer (?) table saw and fence. A turner had a serious injury and is giving up woodworking. Price - $200!
                        Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X