Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ennobee
    replied
    This looks something like your saw? I bought it at lowes about January 2008. It was listed at $170 then, but mine was a demonstration model without the cardboard box, so I got it for $120. I recall they had a cheaper brand listed for $119, which was what I originally planned to buy. I don't recall the brand on that one, but mine is definitely a Dremel

​​​​​​MIne stopped working 10 year ago as well. It has this problem with it having a speed.controller AND an on-off button.and I you switch it on with the speed.controller not complete on 'low', it immediately stars at full speedor even higher before slowing down to the desired setting. I recall from my studies that it has something to do with your electrical engine circuits having too many radio coils and too few capacitors. So I started it a couple of times with the dial on full, and it burned out the dial resistor. I carted it to the local uBreakIfixit repair shop and for $40, they put in a new dial resistor. it hasn't broken down since, but then again I learned my lesson and always turn the resistor knob to 'slow: the last thing I do before switching it off.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by Ennobee; 08-13-2022, 06:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Wilson View Post
    Other than the brands already mentioned, the only other one that I can recall seeing at Lowes 10-15 years ago, is the Dremel. Skil is another one that could be a possibility. I don't remember if our Lowes carried them or not. Kobalt is Lowes in-house brand, but I don't think I ever saw a Kobalt branded scroll saw.
    My first scroll saw was a Dremel that I bought from Lowes but that was 25 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Wilson
    replied
    Other than the brands already mentioned, the only other one that I can recall seeing at Lowes 10-15 years ago, is the Dremel. Skil is another one that could be a possibility. I don't remember if our Lowes carried them or not. Kobalt is Lowes in-house brand, but I don't think I ever saw a Kobalt branded scroll saw.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Lowes sells several models of Wen saw plus Porter Cable and Dewalt. Check with your local stores.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Oaks
    replied
    I also bought a Hitachi and returned it within a week.

Leave a comment:

• Jim McDonald
    replied
    If it was green, it was Hitchai. Had one and ran it into the ground.

image.png
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jim McDonald; 08-04-2022, 09:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mtwoodguy
    replied
    Jimern-You really recognize computers for their real worth. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Jimern
    replied
    Lowes sold Porter Cable scroll saws, back then, not sure if they still do or not

Leave a comment:

• connierebel
    started a topic Scroll Saw from Lowes several years ago

Scroll Saw from Lowes several years ago

Does anyone remember the brand name of a scroll saw that Lowe's used to sell about 10-15 years ago? I paid about 80 bucks for it back then, so it was definitely a cheap one. It stopped working a couple years ago so I got rid of it, but now I'd like to see if I can find another one somewhere, seeing that Harbor Freight's Central Machinery saws are even worse. (I just need a cheap scroll saw for rough-cutting pine for whittling. The smaller the better) It looked similar to this one, but definitely wasn't Craftsman!
    https://www.sears.com/craftsman-16in...p-00921602000P.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X