Scroll Saw from Lowes several years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scroll Saw from Lowes several years ago

Does anyone remember the brand name of a scroll saw that Lowe's used to sell about 10-15 years ago? I paid about 80 bucks for it back then, so it was definitely a cheap one. It stopped working a couple years ago so I got rid of it, but now I'd like to see if I can find another one somewhere, seeing that Harbor Freight's Central Machinery saws are even worse. (I just need a cheap scroll saw for rough-cutting pine for whittling. The smaller the better) It looked similar to this one, but definitely wasn't Craftsman!
    https://www.sears.com/craftsman-16in...p-00921602000P.

Lowes sold Porter Cable scroll saws, back then, not sure if they still do or not
    Jim
    Texas - The Republic
    With the exception of hand guns and Tequila, computers have caused more problems than anything else

Comment

Jimern-You really recognize computers for their real worth. Thanks
      ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

If it was green, it was Hitchai. Had one and ran it into the ground.

image.png
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Jim McDonald; 08-04-2022, 09:21 AM.
        Jim
        When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
        Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

I also bought a Hitachi and returned it within a week.
          Denny
          ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Lowes sells several models of Wen saw plus Porter Cable and Dewalt. Check with your local stores.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Other than the brands already mentioned, the only other one that I can recall seeing at Lowes 10-15 years ago, is the Dremel. Skil is another one that could be a possibility. I don't remember if our Lowes carried them or not. Kobalt is Lowes in-house brand, but I don't think I ever saw a Kobalt branded scroll saw.
              Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Wilson View Post
                Other than the brands already mentioned, the only other one that I can recall seeing at Lowes 10-15 years ago, is the Dremel. Skil is another one that could be a possibility. I don't remember if our Lowes carried them or not. Kobalt is Lowes in-house brand, but I don't think I ever saw a Kobalt branded scroll saw.
                My first scroll saw was a Dremel that I bought from Lowes but that was 25 years ago.
                Scott
                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

This looks something like your saw? I bought it at lowes about January 2008. It was listed at $170 then, but mine was a demonstration model without the cardboard box, so I got it for $120. I recall they had a cheaper brand listed for $119, which was what I originally planned to buy. I don't recall the brand on that one, but mine is definitely a Dremel

​​​​​​MIne stopped working 10 year ago as well. It has this problem with it having a speed.controller AND an on-off button.and I you switch it on with the speed.controller not complete on 'low', it immediately stars at full speedor even higher before slowing down to the desired setting. I recall from my studies that it has something to do with your electrical engine circuits having too many radio coils and too few capacitors. So I started it a couple of times with the dial on full, and it burned out the dial resistor. I carted it to the local uBreakIfixit repair shop and for $40, they put in a new dial resistor. it hasn't broken down since, but then again I learned my lesson and always turn the resistor knob to 'slow: the last thing I do before switching it off.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  Last edited by Ennobee; 08-13-2022, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                    Reply to surprise from step mom
                    by Rolf
                    Wood storage is always an issue for me. I have a basement shop so some is stored in the rafters. But a lot is just leaning against the wall.
                    Most of the projects I make require short pieces so it really doesn't matter....
                    Today, 08:00 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Hurricane Ian
                    by Rolf
                    I hope that any of our friends in its path are safe....
                    Today, 07:54 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to Rest In Peace Diana Thompson
                    by Rolf
                    Scott I will be making some of these Angels....
                    Today, 07:52 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to Hot of the saw
                    by Rolf
                    Great wood selection! Is the tree Red Oak? Will this be a n active puzzle or just display? I ask because there are some delicate cross grain areas in the tree. Please post a picture after you put the finish on.
                    Today, 07:49 AM
                  • Dan A
                    Reply to surprise from step mom
                    by Dan A
                    Finally, a chance to reply. Still doing a lot of repairs and replacement work at my brother in law's. After the long drive up, doing whatever my wife wants done and then the drive back I really don't have much ambition left.

Anyway, when I'm in a wood store I usually avoid looking at the...
                    Today, 07:05 AM
                  Working...
                  X