SuperMax 19-38 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperMax 19-38 question

What are the best products for lubricating the conveyor bushings, and for lubricating the threaded rod? While the manual gives general info for each, (lubricant for the bushings, and dry lubricant spray for the rod) I don't know how to translate this generic advice into specific products. Any advice would be appreciated!
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

For the "dry" lubricant, my only thought is silicone spray which dries very fast leaving a slick film.
    As for bushings, are they plastic, bronze, steel? I ask as I am not familiar with that machine.
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Thanks, Jim. The bushings are probably brass, according to a parts list, but I can’t tell for sure.
      Carole

Comment

I would NEVER use a silicone spray in my shop. If it gets onto a piece of wood, finish will not stick. This is sometimes called "Fish eye"

Comment

Most of the box stores have a dry lube that is PTFE. I agree with Dave don't use silicone. The bushings are for the conveyor rollers? I use a drop or two of Marvel Mystery Oil on my Jet 22-44. Brass is too soft for bushings more than likely bronze or some type of alloy.
          Tim

If you need a tool and don't buy it, you will pay for it and not have it

Comment

I will look at my 19-38 later before I comment.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Bruce has the number of the repair representative he talked with on the phone when he had to replace the bushings on ours right after we got it. I’ll have him look for it. Also, I saw on Google there is a graphite Dry lubricant for tools. Is that any good?
              Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I occasionally put a couple of drops of 23 in one oil on the conveyor belt bushings. On the drum height screw I put a liquid silicon Teflon on. the solvent evaporates and leaves the dry lubrication. No spray.

I will interested to see what the factory rep suggests.
                Rolf

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for the helpful suggestions. When I need tech advice I can trust, this is my go-to site.
                  Carole

Comment

Sorry about the silicone suggestion, but after 13 years in the trucking industry, I have a bit of silicone spray around.
                    Jim
                    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Jim I also use the silicon spray, great stuff, just not near anything that will get a finish or on any surface that will come in contact with wood.
                      Rolf

Comment

And the factory rep says: dry spray with Teflon, Triflo. For the oil he uses sewing machine oil or 3 in1 oil, just a drop or two. He just called a few minutes ago. Hope this helps everyone.

Rolf you were Spot on!
                        Last edited by will8989; 05-04-2022, 03:45 PM.
                        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Thanks, Betty. I appreciate the info, and plan to start a long-overdue shop clean-up day tomorrow. After dandelion removal with my dedicated tool, and neatening up the edges of the patio. Maybe even after cleaning the bathroom?

It's a full life!
                          Carole

Comment

We cleaned our workshop (basement) in January. Bruce’s side is still neat. He cleans up everyday when he’s done. My theory is, if I need it the next day, why put it away. Still looking for the wolf tail puzzle piece I lost this week. It’ll turn up sooner or later.
                            Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X