X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Originally posted by JudyB View Post
    Is there a way to attach a movie to this post?
    Not directly. You would have to post the video to a service link YouTube and then post a link to the video in this forum.

Leave a comment:

• JudyB
    replied
    Donna thank you for the checklist you posted.
    I did check all the items you listed.
    Is there a way to attach a movie to this post?

Leave a comment:

• Tango
    replied
    I actually own the exact same scrollsaw. My serial # is fairly close to yours. I don't really know what is causing the loud noise, but I may have a suggestions.
    1) Please check your tension bar. Mine had a locking screw on the bottom that wore out. We just went to the hardware store & bought a new one. Total cost 21 cents. Also look at the triangle on the bar. Is that showing wear?
    2) Check the tension handle on the top. Could that be hitting something.
    3) What about the arm - Is it possible that that it is hitting something (like the air hose or a light)?
    4) Is the hold down bar still on your saw? I never use mine & just tightened it up against the arm. Could that be hitting something?
    5) Is the air hose lose?
    6) Did you check all of the screws on the saw? Did any of them come lose?
    Good Luck
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Oaks
    replied
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry I can not help with the saw.

Leave a comment:

• JudyB
    replied
    Thank you everyone for guiding me to the correct place for this post.
    Judy

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    I have moved this topic to help get you better visibility.

Leave a comment:

• handibunny
    replied
    Judy, since nobody has yet responded to your post, try reposting it in the section dedicated to questions like yours--the section called Tools & Blades. As Linda said, there are some people on the forum with extensive experience with the Hawk (RBI), who would ordinarily have responded to your message. In its current location, it seems to have gotten buried. If there is no response in a day or so, I'll PM one of them so he can lend a hand.

Leave a comment:

• Linda In Phoenix
    replied
    Judy, I do not have possibilities for you....but we do have several awesome guys who are familiar with the Hawk and are also mechanically inclined. Give them a day or two to chime in and I'm optimistic they can help guide you. Good luck with your baby.

Leave a comment:

• Hawk Scroll Saw 220VS Serial #35241- Making Loud Noise on High Speeds

Hi! I'm a new member. I purchased brand new in 2002 a Hawk Scroll Saw 220VS Serial #35241. This saw has run beautifully all these years but recently started making a loud chattering sound when at speeds 8 and above. I sent a few movies and snap shots of the saw to Bushton Manufacturing and they thought I needed new Thrust Arm Bearings. I purchased those and installed yesterday. The saw is still making the sound on high speeds. It sounds like its coming from the area of the Pitman Arm. At this point Bushton Mfg. wants me to send the entire motor, Pitman arm and controller unit to them for review and repair. I've gone over the entire saw checking to ensure everything is tight. The bearings I removed didn't look bad at all. It's expensive to send all the above to them for repair. Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

Thank you,
    Judy B.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X