hegner 2"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hegner 2"

Hi All, This past weekend I picked up a very nice 22" hegner saw. This makes my 5th purchase of this manufacture of saw. I like these saws, although I never used any of the other good saws, I will stick with the hegners, although I would like to try some of the other good saws out there. I want to use this thread to learn and share information on the hegner saws.
    My question today is how to prepare the aluminum table for use. On my steel top machine, I clean the table, use sandpaper and then wood wax. Thanks for any replies. dan

I would wipe it down with a solvent to remove any gunk. Keep cleaning until you don't get any black on the wipe. I like to use Johnsons paste wax on my surfaces.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I covered one or my Hegners table with painted masonite. Works well for me.
      Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
      "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

sounds like a good idea Jim. My other two saws are working fine, I just wanted to try one with the tension lever up front.

Comment

dwssr2, having the tension lever up front makes a world of difference, especially on a 22 inch saw.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Just Wondering...

Is the table size on the 22" hegner saw as on the 18" hegner saw?

With the 22" inch one you get 4 more inches of depth of cut but do you also get a few more inches of table?

Comment

I have no idea what the measurements of the 18" table are, I can give measurements of the poly max and the 14".

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X