Delta Q3 fuse question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Q3 fuse question

I have a Delta Q3, model #40-650, and I am in need of a new fuse. The fuse markings show it to be a 4 amp, but I would like to know if it's a fast-blow or a slow-blow. Factory was no help with specs, and when I plug in the fuse part number (1347417) into Google, it just gives suppliers, but no specs. TIA.

There was an old post on this forum about the Q3 and a club who has several. Maybe they can help you.
    https://forum.scrollsawer.com/forum/...oll-saw-manual
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Thanks! I'll check with them. I have the manual, but it is not specific. It just gives me the part number.

Comment

If you can't find out I would opt on the side of caution and get a regular fuse. Fuses of this type are pretty standard and you should be able to find them in your local hardware or auto parts stores.
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I found this information on fuses in general.

Blowing type. Fast-blow fuses will blow as soon as the current reaches the fuse's amperage rating, while slow-blow fuses are designed to tolerate a large number of startup surges and modest short-term overloads without blowing.
          Fast-blow fuses usually have a thin wire while slow-blow fuses usually have a thicker, coiled wire.
          You should never substitute a slow-blow fuse for a fast-blow fuse or vice versa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19Sf0CIZB9A

From this information, fuse may have letter T or F on it. F-fast blow. T-slow. The picture of the fuse you need looks to be a slow blow.
          Slow blow may also have a thin wire with what looks like a clump of solder on the wire.
          Larry Davis
          Using wood rescued from the fire pit. My story told with a log.

Member Callahan Area Woodworking Group, Clyde, Texas

Comment

Twenty years in electronics retail and here is a quick dirty way to tell the difference:
            a fast blow will only have the wire element. Slow blow almost always has some extra structure that will be left behind after the fuse blows.
            Secondly, there is a series of three letter engraved on one of the end caps and that can be matched.
            Rule of thumb is that slow blow will not let go until it reaches 1.5 x the rating. It is to allow high draw items such as motors to come up to speed when the draw is stabilized.
            While discussing blown fuses, on a fast fuse, if the wire just separates and the glass is clear, it's about 99% sure it was an overload. However, if the glass is smoked on the interior, chances are there was a short.
            Jim
            When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
            Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Thank you for all of the replies. Looking at the inside of the fuse, it looks to be a fine wire with a tiny ball of solder on the fine wire. the markings on the end caps of the fuse are:
              250V 4A on one end. the other end has: 53S 51S

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
                Reply to Who has Been Vaccinated ?
                by meflick
                I’m too young yet don’t meet other guidelines. We are still 75 and over or health care workers I believe. My husband is in health care, so he has now gotten both of his shots. At this rate, I figure I will be doing good if I get sometime this summer. Glad hubby got his, figure he was my biggest...
                Yesterday, 09:33 PM
              • Jim McDonald
                by Jim McDonald
                Waiting on Indiana to open the 65 yo group.
                Yesterday, 08:48 PM
              • will8989
                Reply to More toys
                by will8989
                You will bring a smile to the face of whoever gets these....
                Yesterday, 08:39 PM
              • will8989
                by will8989
                Our appt is next week, I think. We are going to another county as ours doesn’t have enough. So they say. First one was cancelled for 2/1 as they had to make sure they had enough for the 2nd shot. Applied the next day and got the same appointment they cancelled. Go figure.
                Yesterday, 08:37 PM
              • Jim Finn
                by Jim Finn
                My wife and I got our first shot a week ago.
                Yesterday, 06:55 PM
              Working...
              X