My turn to buy invest in another toy, uhhh, I mean tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hvlp.jpg
    Last edited by hotshot; 11-19-2020, 12:06 PM.
    "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

CONGRATS!!!! Randy that is lot of spray for scroll saw projects and coins. What are you going to us it on?
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post
        CONGRATS!!!! Randy that is lot of spray for scroll saw projects and coins. What are you going to us it on?
        Yeah, this is for cabinets, doors, trim, larger metal projects, appliance repainting, and etc. I really like wipe on poly for my small stuff, so I'm not sure if I'll use it on smaller scale stuff or not. I can do my small stuff with wipe on in less time than it takes to clean this gun.

This specific model is overkill for the quantity of work I'll do with it, but I make these over the top crazy purchases from time to time. I've been looking at these for many years, but couldn't justify it for what I do . . . and still can't. I was struggling with a very cheap HVLP system, and decided to just get something much better.

As expensive as this was, it is all relative as some of the Apollo units are way way up there. I was also looking at some equivalent Apollos, which are very good also, but in the end, a cabinet maker friend suggested this brand a long time ago, so I just followed his direction.

I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone follow my steps with this tool. Fuji does make more responsible hobby oriented sprayers that are well reviewed also.
        Last edited by hotshot; 11-19-2020, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Randy

If your press is high pressure hydraulics it could be a JIC fitting. I'm kind of lucky there is a hydraulic place right down the road, I just take the fitting in and the guy says here you go.
          Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

Since you are doing cabinets and bought a nice HVLP you might want to bookmark
            Water-based wood finish pros trust for quality, high-end results. Ultra-low VOC, HAPS-free water-based finishes since 1988.
            Tim

Comment

Originally posted by evilbadger View Post
              Randy

If your press is high pressure hydraulics it could be a JIC fitting. I'm kind of lucky there is a hydraulic place right down the road, I just take the fitting in and the guy says here you go.
              Hey, if you were in my area, how would you go about finding this type of place? It this a Co-op, tractor repair, or some other similar place?

Thanks to the link to Target Coatings, I'll check them out.

-----Randy

Comment

Look for hydraulic hose assemblies on Google. The place by me is called Joe's truck parts it is actually a junk yard for trucks but they do hydraulic repairs and make hoses to order etc.
                Tim

Comment

Anything close to you from these guys? I use to deal with them down in West Palm Beach.
                  Our retail stores carry over 8,000 hydraulic, pneumatic and industrial products in stock. We can assist you with your hose assembly, hydraulic, pneumatic and filtration needs.
                  Tim

Comment

Originally posted by evilbadger View Post
                    Anything close to you from these guys? I use to deal with them down in West Palm Beach.
                    These guys don't have a location close, but I did find a similar shop within an hour, so looks like I'll be making road trip. Thanks for the advice!
                    Last edited by hotshot; 11-19-2020, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Congrats on your new toy!
                      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

That is a nice purchase! If you will be finishing larger projects then this is a must have.
                        Grainger also has hydraulic fittings. post a picture of what you have and what needs to connect with what.
                        Hydraulic Fittings are straight thread getting pipe thread to hydraulic adaptors is common.
                        Rolf
                        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Glad Bruce didn’t see that one when he did our cabinets! We paid about $300 for it. It’s a good one just don’t remember the name of it. He used a water based finish followed by a few coats of black bison wax. You can almost see yourself in them.
                          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by hotshot View Post
                            These guys don't have a location close, but I did find a similar shop within an hour, so looks like I'll be making road trip. Thanks for the advice!
                            Some NAPA locations make hoses, or can steer you.
                            Jim
                            When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                            Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X