Broken Excalibur, question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Excalibur, question.

I had a call from a friend and it appears a part broke on her EX-21 She will be getting the part from Ray and I will probably install it for her. Not having had my EX saw apart I am curious if any of you have replaced this part. I seem to remember it being a fairly common failure.
    Andis saw.jpeg
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

I have had no issues with my EX-21 and it has lots of hours on it. Can you me a better idea what I am looking at?
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Since I have only replaced the blade holders and the rocker arms that the the blade holder attaches to and I do not recognize the parts, I suspect that they may be a part of the drive linkage inside the upper or lower arm. I know that this may not be much help.
      cwmagee
      aka Fibber
      Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

I absolutely love the these saws when they are running well, but thank Goodness I've not had to do any repairs outside the clamps on my Ex. I'm working on a delta that had damage in shipping, and working on those are not trivial, and I'm assuming Ex might present a similar challenge. Will be interesting to see how you do on this.

"Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

I have replaced both arms of mine. Not bad job at all. You can rebuild a car you can rebuild a EX21 with no trouble

Comment

I replaced mine, the upper arm. The replacement part from Ray is much better. All one piece if I remember.
            Denny
            ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X