No announcement yet.

Nova DVR Drill press?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the itchy twitch has been scratched. At least this time I am not antagonizing you all with "my new toy" guessing game.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
      Well the itchy twitch has been scratched. At least this time I am not antagonizing you all with "my new toy" guessing game.
      Thank goodness. Usually, when you get a twitch, the rest of us lose days wondering if and when you're going to pull the trigger.
      Jim
      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

😂😎 You win. I’m still “debating” (well mainly waiting on the money from the tax return to hit the bank account. 🤫 I saw it “pending” earlier today though 🥳🤩.) did you “order” and awaiting delivery? Or buy local and have it setup by now? What to do, what to do. 🤔

as far as saws. I have an older Excalibur and a Seyco thought DH bought me when they were first released a few years ago so I am happy there. Like you, if I were looking to buy one, I would probably look long and hard at the Pegas now but I have never been up close and in person to a Hawk or a Hegner. 😔☺️
        Last edited by meflick; 07-22-2020, 08:16 PM.
        Melanie from East TN

Comment

I would love to buy local, but the only dedicated woodworking shop for big tools "Woodworkers Warehouse" closed many years ago. The only other place is owned by a total A.. H..., he will never see a penny of my money. The way he treats customers and employees makes me cringe. I am amazed no one has ever taken him into an alley for re-education.
          I am not big on patience so waiting for this drill press will be a tough one.
          Rolf

Comment

Good luck with the new toy purchase, where did you order from, RJ
            Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Careful putting it together....The head is HEAVY and not easy to hold.

Comment

Thank you Rolf, for letting us live vicariously through you. 😀
                Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Originally posted by Quartz43 View Post
                  Careful putting it together....The head is HEAVY and not easy to hold.
                  That sounds like the voice of experience. Do you have one?

I usually rig up my come-along. I clamp a couple of really big Clamps to my ceiling joists and hook the come along to that. That is how I put my Lathe and drum sander together.
                  Rolf

Comment

Yes, I posted earlier about mine.

The problem is the case is rounded and no lifting point. For heavy tools, I normally use straps and a 2 ton engine hoist but it was not possible with the Nova. I wrote them and suggested that they add one or a threaded hole but of course never heard back.I

If you have a strong helper you will be ok. Or, lay the post sideways to put the head on and then set back up.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! Are you happy with it?
                      Rolf

Comment

I'm itching too. Only because I came in contact with something Sunday night cleaning some vines from around a young oak tree. I now have a rash on the right side of face on chin, neck and back of neck. Wearing a mask at the grocery store yesterday did not help. As for equipment, I was going to get the Pegas scroll saw after my original surgery in February, which was changed to June, and now with everything cancelling this year, I am just going to wait and see what next year brings. Still have my biggest show that has not cancelled, and I do have the farmers markets from Sept to Dec, but that doesn't justify the cost of the saw at this time. I have, however, taken to bowl grinding and really love it. I did get some small burrs in the mail today for wooden spoons, which I will be trying later today. I put the saw on hold until next year depending on what happens. I have 2 drill presses, one for outside that I use for flap sanding and the one for drilling next to my workbench.. Bruce has to change the belts for me when I want the speed changed and he has grumbled about getting one that you just push a button and it changes speed.. As for the weight of anything, I have 3 strong nephews as well as a strong son who can lift heavy items like they were peanuts. Rolf I agree. The sander was the best tool we bought in the past few years. Amazing what a good sander will do.
                        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• daveswoodworking
                          Reply to Hurricane winds hit Iowa
                          by daveswoodworking
                          My poor garden and wishing well and 3-d eagle...
                          Yesterday, 11:07 PM
                        • daveswoodworking
                          Hurricane winds hit Iowa
                          by daveswoodworking
                          We had over 100 mph winds that hit my town and several towns and counties in Iowa a lot of people with out power I just got our power back tonight their a lot of damage through out town and lot of power line down too lots of roof gone corn lying flat their a sample of the damage the town park got heavily...
                          Yesterday, 10:52 PM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          Reply to Cancelled
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          I'm in the same boat. I get most of my sales surrounding demonstrations I do at the fairs. They've been cancelled. I do have a couple of orders from repeat customers, but that's all. Kind of a let down emotionally. My new toy money is on hold. Boooooo....
                          Yesterday, 09:52 PM
                        • Dan A
                          Reply to Pegas saw has arrived
                          by Dan A
                          I like that PDF. This is something that Denny brought up on the phone last Friday as well. I told Denny that afternoon that the set screws would be something that I would not have thought of. We also talked about tightening the blade to much. I seem to have the tendency to over tighten the bottom clamp....
                          Yesterday, 08:20 PM
                        • jim_mex
                          Reply to Coincidences and obsidian
                          by jim_mex
                          Hi guys - today I obtained a little more info of the obsidian crafter I am soon to meet. His name his Juan Castelan Mata. In 1987 he was selected by a local comissionary (foundation) to learn the craft of modelling and sculpting obsidian. After learning the basics of working with this stone he set up...
                          Yesterday, 06:56 PM
                        Working...
                        X