Down the rabbit hole I go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down the rabbit hole I go

i really enjoy my power carver but I need a 1/8” sphere 3/8” or 1/4” diameter saburr tooth burr. Best I found was highland woodworking. If possible I want a 3 burr set. I know some of you do carving, Rolf, so what do you recommend. Right now I will be using my dremel for this. Help and thanks.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

I love the Saburrtooth burrs, they work great in the RPM range of the Dremel with the flex shaft and my Rampower hand piece which is reversible.Being able to switch direction gives you more control in certain situations. They recommend 4,000 to 25,000 RPM. They are very controllable. But they do eat sleeves and meat.
    That will remove a lot of wood fast and they have coarse, medium and fine.
    I like the flame shape, ball and the RotoSaw is really great.

They do leave a rougher finish that will need final sanding if you want a smooth surface. Besides removing wood in small places I use them to add texture to surfaces like a birds wings, Gnome beards etc.

I bought mine at the last open house and also our club has a member that sells tools, so we get a 10 % discount.
    As you are doing shop around for best price and delivery.

Dust extraction of some sort recommended.
    Last edited by Rolf; 06-20-2020, 08:36 AM.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Knew I could count on you Rolf! Actually, Bruce is shopping for me and shows me what he finds. In addition to bowls, I want to make spoons and other wooden utensils and need the small Sabuurtooth round burrs. I also have a flex shaft for the dremel. Bruce has used it more than me but I’m glad I have it and surprised at all the burrs I have with it, just not what I need. I have the arbortech sanding shaft tool I won at the open house and love it. I use 60 grit then 120 and it sands silky smooth. This will also be a tool I use outside at the bottom of the hill in the back so all the Sawdust will be returned to nature and not in my basement.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

If the flex shaft or the Dremel itself is only collets replace that with their small chuck. About $11 at Lowes.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thanks. I’ll tell Bruce to check it out. I also told him I’m ordering the yellow and medium aggressive. I really think that is the one I’ll need as that is the one I got from klingspor when I started this adventure. Bruce always overdoes things. Like Tim toolman, more power!
          Betty

Comment

Bruce says thanks, Rolf. He got the chuck today. Waiting for my other items to arrive. Can’t do anything until next week.
            Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X