Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a hour meter to a sroll saw.

Just wondering....

My used Hegner scroll saw did not have a hour meter on it. So in 2003 the first thing that was done to it was to add a hour meter. Should the method used (wiring diagram) be redrawn for others?
    Last edited by MidMich324; 06-03-2020, 01:39 PM.

Please. I would be very interested in seeing it.

Comment

First I want to welcome both of you to our forum!

I have an hour meter on both of my saws. I did not change anything on my saw. I put the hour meter in a box in the middle of a small extension cord. the saw plugs in on one side and the other end goes to my foot switch. I don't like messing with the internal saw wiring. I have my G4 Hawk and my EX 16 set up the same way.
      Hour meter.jpg
      The box is a plastic conduit box from Lowes. If you need a schematic I can draw one up.

Since I am running a Festool vac on my saw, I have the power to my foot switch plugged into the vacuum, so that it comes on when at the same time my saw starts.
      Last edited by Rolf; 06-04-2020, 08:18 AM.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I did the same basic set up as Rolf.. It works really well.. and you'd be quite surprised at the hours you run your saw.. May depend on the type of work you do though.. For instance a fretwork portrait that you spend all day cutting on might actually only have a few hours run time on the saw.. even though you spent all day working on it, LOL..

I believe Steve Good has a topic about installing an hour meter on his blog.. I have 4 saws and bought two of the digital meters which Steve talked about on his blog.. and then bought two analog like Rolf shows.. I personally like the analog one.. after getting the digital one I realize there is no way to change the battery and it's only guarantee is 5 years...
        Kevin
        www.KevsKrafts.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
          Reply to Broken Excalibur, question.
          by cwmagee
          Since I have only replaced the blade holders and the rocker arms that the the blade holder attaches to and I do not recognize the parts, I suspect that they may be a part of the drive linkage inside the upper or lower arm. I know that this may not be much help.
          Today, 11:57 AM
        • keystonecop
          Reply to I would like your help
          by keystonecop
          The 1/4 is solid.. at least this time I will know that it is not all me and can blame part of it on the wood.. My go to wood is cherry and black walnut. a few weeks ago I cut a piece in 3/4 red oak and snapped a piece.....
          Today, 10:25 AM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Broken Excalibur, question.
          by NC Scroller
          I have had no issues with my EX-21 and it has lots of hours on it. Can you me a better idea what I am looking at?
          Today, 10:09 AM
        • Rolf
          Broken Excalibur, question.
          by Rolf
          I had a call from a friend and it appears a part broke on her EX-21 She will be getting the part from Ray and I will probably install it for her. Not having had my EX saw apart I am curious if any of you have replaced this part. I seem to remember it being a fairly common failure.
          Today, 09:38 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Nova drill press
          by Rolf
          Quartz you are absolutely Correct! I modified my post....
          Today, 09:28 AM
        Working...
        X