Dewalt Scroll Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewalt Scroll Saw

On the subject of the Dewalt scroll saw, I'm on my 2nd one!! The 1st one was a piece of junk!! It viberated on slow speeds from the time I bought it, I took it back to where I bought it and they sent it out to be fixed, When it came back, the repair people said it was O.K. It worked for about 2 months, than 'crapped' out again. I contacted Dewalt, they had me ship it to them(at thier expence) and ended up sending me a brand new saw!!! I have a scroll saw buddy who has used his Dewalt almost every day for over 2 years, without any problems. Please let me know about your Dewalt scroll saw troubles. THANKS BARRY

Re: Dewalt Scroll Saw

We've had this conversation before. Some of us really like our Dewalt scroll saws, and others have nothing good to say about them. There must be a manufacturing glitch that plagues some and not others. I use mine for cutting fairly heavy items, from 3/4' to 1 1/2' thick butternut, basswood, and mahogany, and really like the way it runs. It needs to sit flat on the floor and be mounted properly on its base. The reverse-tooth blades can cause some jumping/chatter if you don't hold the stock, but, if you watch out for that, no problems!

Comment

I am very happy with mine I have had for almost 3 yrs.

I use it to cut 5/8' baltic burch, 1/2-3/4' solid oak, 1/2 cherry,walnut.

I use Flying Dutchman blades with it and it is nice.

More of what I cut- http://www.crafty-me.net/
      Just putting the link to show my work  8)

Comment

I will never understand somebody putting down somebody elses equipment. They have what they have because they like it. What else matters. I'm not defending DeWalt here because I don't have one (have a Hawk) just making a statement on human nature I guess.

Comment

Probably should have just kept my mouth shut - hundered word a minute mouth sixty word a minute mind I guess.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X