Ben Fink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Fink

Does anyone know if Ben Fink is still in business? I tried the link to his website from the "Community/Scroll Saw Retailers" tab but it takes me to a page of Japanese script.
    Bruce
    . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
    visit sometime
    Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

If I am not mistaken, Ben closed his business some time ago and unfortunately died shortly thereafter.
    Last edited by Jim McDonald; 03-24-2020, 03:33 PM.
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Thanx Jim. It's been awhile since I ordered anything from him and was wondering about the strange website.. Maybe SSW&C should take down the link?
      Bruce
      visit sometime
      Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Comment

Is this the Ben Fink that used to do a lot of test cutting for the magazine?
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Didn’t he sell blades at the scrollsaw openhouses?
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

One and the same. He was the first test cutter I corresponded with many moons ago.
            Bought my first Pegas blades from Ben.
            Jim
            When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
            Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Originally posted by millwab View Post
              Thanx Jim. It's been awhile since I ordered anything from him and was wondering about the strange website.. Maybe SSW&C should take down the link?
              Where are you seeing the link? Maybe one of the admin people can fix it or get it the the webmaster.
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post

Where are you seeing the link? Maybe one of the admin people can fix it or get it the the webmaster.
                If you are on the Home page, under the "Community" tab there is an option for "Scroll Saw Retailers". If you click on the link for Ben Fink's Wood Shop you get Japanese gibberish. If I remember right Sloan's Woodshop closed their doors also. Maybe someone should do a little housekeeping with these sites?
                Bruce
                visit sometime
                Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Comment

Originally posted by millwab View Post

If you are on the Home page, under the "Community" tab there is an option for "Scroll Saw Retailers". If you click on the link for Ben Fink's Wood Shop you get Japanese gibberish. If I remember right Sloan's Woodshop closed their doors also. Maybe someone should do a little housekeeping with these sites?
                  That is on the main web page so that will be up to the webmaster / web designers to address. Not something one of the moderators can change. All we as moderators can do is to let them know. Being it is not a functional issue do not expect it to be addressed immediately. .
                  Scott
                  Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X