Festool vacuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festool vacuum

I decided Monday that it was time to replace the bag on my Jet Vortec dust collector while I could still carry it. While I was at it I decided to check the bag on my Festool midi.
    It still had the original bag from when I purchased it, May 2017. The bag was like a brick. I was amazed at how tight the dust was packed into it. I had been thinking that it was not as powerful as I remembered. Its primary use is on my SS for dust collection. The bag has a cardboard flap designed into where the dust port is that flips over and seals the bag for disposal.
    The bag also must be very efficient because the HEPA filter above it looked to be brand new. It was a pricey vacuum but I have no regrets buying something this well engineered.
    But it will not replace a shop vac for major shop cleanup. Not what it was designed to do.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Rolf

I take it that you are using the Fesstool Vac without any mechanical separator such as Dust Dupty)? If you do not need any additional separation devices that certainly offsets the cost a bit.
    cwmagee
    aka Fibber
    Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

I also splurged just over a year ago and got a Festool vac mostly for use on my scrollsaw. velcro strapped the hose to my upper scroll saw arm....nozzle just about an inch away from the blade. Fantastic dust removal and not nearly as loud as a regular vac. I love it for that. The HEPA thing has been a blessing as far as those uber small dust particles. Fantastic choice. Worth the splurge.
      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

The vac really pays off when I am using the RO sander.
        Rolf

Comment

I bought the Festool $200 RO in late January. It is fantastic. Smaller grip to fit my hand better and so little vibration it is a blessing. Quiet and so much more. I used it to sand the back of fretwork....which I couldn't do with my prior RO. So smooth. I will hook it up to my Midi vac and see how much more I wish I would've taken that plunge sooner.

Comment

What model RO is that ?
            Rolf

Comment

Rolf--- ETS 125 REQ-Plus. I have zero regrets in splurging on this purchase.

Comment

Santa brought me the ETS EC 125/3. It replaced a $5 yard sale purchase that made my hand numb. I am buying the sanding discs from Klingspore instead of Festool. As you said it is worth every penny.
                And lucky me I won the Festool TS55 track saw in a raffle for $10.
                Last edited by Rolf; 02-28-2020, 08:07 AM.
                Rolf

Comment

You lucky lucky raffle dude!!! I'd have risked $10 on a raffle ticket for that too. So cool.

Comment

What was funny about the raffle It was the end of the last day of our event and one of my fellow scrollers asked if I had bought a ticket, I hadn't, so he got on my case, as my friends tend to do. Needless to say I had fun with them when I won.
                    Rolf

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X