Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scroll Saw Tables: Question to judge interest

Good morning everyone,
    Those of you with a Pegas, King Industrial, or Excalibur saw, what would your interest level be in a larger saw table with more space in front of the blade. I'm trying to gauge interest in an aftermarket table that would fit these saws that is slightly wider, but has almost double the space between the saw blade and the front of the saw table. I'm also eliminating the dust collection holes around the blade. I've had requests for both of these modifications, so I'm just trying to get a sense of how many people would be interested. The list price of the new table would be around $100 and it's going to have the same thick black epoxy finish we have on our existing saw tables.

Best Regards,
    Bob Duncan
    Pegas Woodworking
    www.GrobetUSA.com

I’m not an owner of these saws but am considering buying a Pegas saw in the near future. I would love to see the larger table as an option.
    Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

I would like to see a bigger table on the pegas saw, it will be worth the extra cost to me, RJ
      Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

I haven't experienced any difficulties with the table size of my EX-21, so I'm not likely to upgrade for that reason alone. However, I would love to get rid of the dust collection holes. Not sure it's worth $100 to me, as there are other ways to get around that issue, but I may be tempted.

Put me down as being firmly on the fence.
        Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Just to be clear, we're not going to stock any saws with the larger table. This will be an aftermarket purchase.

www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I have the SEYCO with the large top.. I know you did not ask, but I will offer this to those that have not tried a larger table. It helps when doing larger projects. I don't run into the issue of when turning a project that the cut portion drops off the edge of the table and gets caught up. or the weight of the project off the table tend to lift the other side up... I am a top feeder and have not noticed any change in in tightening the lower clamp with more table in front of the blade. Maybe others with a large top can offer more benefits....
            The other John A. Nelson
            johnsworkshop.com
            sigpic
            I just follow the lines and make sawdust
            on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

Comment

Thanks John!
              That's important information and much appreciated.

www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I have an EX-21. I would be interested in a larger working area assuming the after market cover can be installed and uninstalled easily.
                Scott
                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Remove the blade. Remove four nuts from the bottom of the table, unscrew four bolts from the top of the saw. Remove table. Position new table, screw in four bolts, install blade and make sure it's centered in the hole, tighten down bolts. Replace nuts onto the bottom and tighten.
                  www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Would it fit the EX 16? If so I am in.
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I would also be interested
                      cwmagee
                      aka Fibber
                      Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

A larger table would be good, but I have never liked the coating on my EX-21 table. It's scratched and chipped in many places, I'm ready to remove it and replace it with a piece of formica or just leave the bare metal. My DW788 had a bare metal table and it was just great.
                        Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

I am changing to a Pegas for the wider and longer table so I don't have to do a balancing act with my 16"-18" baskets that I cut. What is the distance from the blade to the front of the table now? I cut the puzzle with the horse, dog, cat and chicken today from earlier this year and my problem was it was just a long puzzle that made me push back from the table to spin it and had to stand. I sit rather close to my saw so for me the longer table in front would just be a pain on what I am sitting on.
                          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I have an Excaliber EX-30 as well as a Seyco ST-21. I love the stability the slightly larger Seyco table top gives with the extra room in the front. It's easy to get used to and really improves performance. That was actually a determining factor for me in selling my EX-21 and buying the ST-21. I would have to agree though that finishes tend to wear off with time and make the table top look nasty. I demonstrate a lot and that is always a concern potential saw upgraders express when they see it. I have to say when I do really big puzzles or fret work, I've double-back taped a large piece of 1/4" thick MDF onto my EX tabletop (about 30" wide x 40" back to front) with a blade hole cut in---gives me extra support on both sides and a little extra in front---originally it let me (on the cheap) "play" with and learn the advantages that just a few extra inches here or there could give (but I still use it for the big stuff). More inches in strategic areas help. If you do the larger table top, I would not hesitate to suggest it to the guy who bought my EX-21 (who adores it by the way).
                            Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

The coatings on the table tops have also been an issue with me. The Teflon type coatings wear off. As a top feeder I like the lines on the Seyco, but that top wore out really fast. I covered it with 1/8 plastic and use Johnson paste wax on it. I made the top reversible one regular size slot and one for zero clearance still like my dewalt table top. (so I 4 covers out of one)
                              The other John A. Nelson
                              johnsworkshop.com
                              sigpic
                              I just follow the lines and make sawdust
                              on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X