Olson blade source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olson blade source?

I have been starting to use Pegas blades but when I have something very detailed I like using a slower cutting blade like the Olson 2/0R 28TPI. I have been getting them forever from Sloans, unfortunately the are retiring. If any of you use Olson blades who do you use? And no I don't want an alternative or a discussion on a better or different blade.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

<deleting everything that I wrote before reading Rolf's last sentence>

www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Wuss! I didn't think anyone would pay attention to that statement. Bob does Pegas have a 2/0 reverse with 28 TPI? I did not find it on any chart that I have.
      I have the Pegas 28TPI blade no reverse. It cuts nice but I want to reduce the bottom fuzzies.
      Rolf

Comment

Hey Rofl - Rockler does sell Olsen blades. I only know that because a guy in our club using them. I never bought them because I found my favorite blade a long time ago..... and in my opinion it is a much better blade (just had to add that last part )
        www.wix.com/tangowooddesign/home-page

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
          .....I like using a slower cutting blade like the Olson 2/0R 28TPI. .....
          Anytime I switch up my cutting media to something really thin, I feel your pain. Butter is hard to cut accurately. This may go against your grain . . . but you can take something hard against the blade for just a few strokes and dull it down. Also goes against my grain, but i've done this and it worked for me.

Speaking of, there is a certain #72 HSS jobber bit I need to get from Sloans before they shut the doors. I'll probably buy them out and ask for their source.

-----Randy

"Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

I order my olson blades from wooden teedy bear, there again on the internet, RJ
            Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

I buy my Olson blades from SEYCO. very good price'

Comment

Advanced machinery that sells Hegner sells Olson blades.
                Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Also the Art Factory (started by the Dirk & Karen Boelman) sell Olson blades:
                  https://theartfactory.com/
                  www.wix.com/tangowooddesign/home-page

Comment

Rolf,

Have you tried the Pegs Modified Geometry? I have been using them exclusively on all thickness Baltic Birch Plywood other than 1/16" with very few fuzees. In fact they have become my go to choice for most scroll work.
                    cwmagee
                    aka Fibber
                    Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

Why not just order them direct from Olsen? https://www.olsonsaw.net/shop/scroll...th-blades-5in/
                      Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

the Pegas 2/0 reverse, has 15TPI cuts fast. Yes Bob I did find it and may even have a few. I am cutting a stack of 6 1.5 mm Finish birch and even then it cuts very fast so I go back to the Olson 28 TPI blade. This is about 4" tall.Moon boy bringing home the treetree (Small).JPG
                        Last edited by Rolf; 11-19-2019, 10:30 AM.
                        Rolf

Comment

Rolf I buy my Olson blades from woodsmith store and my 1/8 wood for my ornaments too I'm looking at a local tree service company that sales hardwood like cherry and oak and walnut and others to see if they are cheaper then woodsmith store I have no place to store fresh cut wood to let it dry a year be I use it
                          Dewalt 788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X