Pegas saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pegas saw

i watched Steve’s review of the saw. One thing I noticed was the dust collection is on the right side. This may be a drawback. My set up is everything is on my right, my current collection is on the left. I really don’t want to switch everything around. I really liked everything I saw but that. Especially the adjusting of the blade. Bob are there any plans to be at the Baltimore woodworking show in January?
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
    i watched Steve’s review of the saw. One thing I noticed was the dust collection is on the right side. This may be a drawback. My set up is everything is on my right, my current collection is on the left. I really don’t want to switch everything around. I really liked everything I saw but that. Especially the adjusting of the blade. Bob are there any plans to be at the Baltimore woodworking show in January?
    I think almost everyone removes the built in dust collection on these types of saws. I would like to see Pegas completey redo that system, but as for now, it is more of a pain that it is worth.
    Last edited by hotshot; Today, 12:57 PM.
    "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

We don't have any plans at this time, but I'll look into it, Betty. Can you send me a link with more information?

Randy, I'm working on the dust collection. I've seen a few designs that work, but I'm not fully satisfied with any of them. So, I'm designing my own.
      www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

In another post I did a bit of a review on my new to me EX 16 with the Pegas clamps I will add to that later now that I have a few hours on it.
        Regarding dust collection, I also took the 2" dust connection off. I have adapted the system I created for my Hawk as it is held on with a couple of Mag switches. I will post some pictures later since I just finished two days at our Wood working show and all of my stuff is in a heap in the basement. I will send a picture when the DC is connected to the EX. I use a very quiet Festool that comes on with my foot switch.

Bob it is a shame that you could not make it to the show. Sever folks were asking me about the Pegas band saw. I did not have my Hawk at this show it is getting too heavy for me to get it out of the basement. The 16" EX was perfect. The Pegas clamps on that saw are a game changer for me.

Note the sawdust on the table is from my chop saw. Not the scroll saw.

Hawk dust collection1 (540 x 600).jpg
        Rolf
        RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by BobD View Post
          .......So, I'm designing my own.
          Wow, you design a good solution for this, you will deserve a double raise :-)

"Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

I have the Seyco vacuum system attached to the Pegas. The pick. Up is on the left side. Only problem with the Seyco is no pick up on the top. I sure like Rolf’s set up.
            Denny
            ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

I added a trap to catch the small pieces that I don't want to lose. Also a simple swivel so I can swing the top part out of the way without messing with the upper nozzle. I did not glue the joints in case I get a clog. Swivel mod closeup (600 x 418).jpgScreen (600 x 337).jpgTrap (600 x 337).jpg
              Rolf
              RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Rolf,
                Most blowers blow the dust from the left side to keep the cutting line clear. Did you disconnect your blower so that the vacuum system sucks the dust from the left keeping the pattern lines clear?

Comment

Bob, thewoodworkingshows.com Baltimore is 1/3-1/5. Lately it seems they always have space. And it’s not that far for you to travel!
                  Hegner converted their top blower to a vacuum which I really like. What needs to be changed on the Pegas saw? I don’t want to buy something than need to change it around. I’m an out of the box and set up person, not set up and change later.
                  Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim Finn
                    Reply to My fourth scroll saw in my shop.
                    by Jim Finn
                    Rolf;
                    The saw I have is also a 2005 or 6. It cuts well but seems noisy and when I get the blade tensioned, how I want it, the tension release lever near the blade swings forward and loosens the tension. I now have a rubber band holding it down as I run the saw. I have tried adjusting the...
                    Today, 09:58 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Pegas saw
                    by will8989
                    Bob, thewoodworkingshows.com Baltimore is 1/3-1/5. Lately it seems they always have space. And it’s not that far for you to travel!
                    Hegner converted their top blower to a vacuum which I really like. What needs to be changed on the Pegas saw? I don’t want to buy something than need to change...
                    Today, 09:01 PM
                  • vgraf
                    Reply to Pegas saw
                    by vgraf
                    Rolf,
                    Most blowers blow the dust from the left side to keep the cutting line clear. Did you disconnect your blower so that the vacuum system sucks the dust from the left keeping the pattern lines clear?
                    Today, 07:34 PM
                  • vgraf
                    Reply to Price Tags
                    by vgraf
                    I found some small tags at Hobby Lobby. They were in the Jewelry materials section.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Beads-Jew...p/13171-TI0524

They were about 3/8" x 5/8".

$4.99 for a packet...
                    Today, 07:22 PM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to Pegas saw
                    by Rolf
                    I added a trap to catch the small pieces that I don't want to lose. Also a simple swivel so I can swing the top part out of the way without messing with the upper nozzle. I did not glue the joints in case I get a clog. ...
                    Today, 05:23 PM
                  Working...
                  X