SCROLLNADO Dust collection for the scroll saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCROLLNADO Dust collection for the scroll saw

I found a product called the SCROLLNADO Dust collection for the scroll saws Dewalt DW 788, Delta 40-690, Delta 40-694, Delta 40-695 on Amazon this afternoon.
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=SCROLLNAD...ref=nb_sb_noss

Any ideas as to if this Dust Collector would work on my WEN scroll saw?

Thanks ~ Rich

Your best bet is to contact the Company and ask them if it is adaptable to your saw.
    Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

I think most add on's will require some fiddling on your part. But it does say that it is held magnetically and I assume that most of the WEN saw is steel or cast iron. It does not come with a vacuum so that is something to consider. What will you connect it to?. Standard shop vacs are loud screaming meamies.
      I built my own system for my Hawk, based on the same principles but used loc-line fittings. There are many ways to approach this challenge. I also have it connected to a very quiet Festool vac. It was an expensive way to go but worth it to me.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

That product will not work on a Wen. It really only works on DeWalt/Delta, and some of the Excalibur-type saws. The bottom collection tube hooks onto the blade guard under the table, so without that blade guard, there's nothing to secure the tube to.

www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I never could get any vendors to respond if they sold a dust collection system for a WEN scroll saw.
          After doing some research on YouTube, I am putting together one made out of 1/2" PCV pipe.
          I now just need to order the Loc-Line for the top and bottom tubes.

IMG_1205.JPG
          Last edited by RBohlman; 10-15-2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RBohlman View Post
            I never could get any vendors to respond if they sold a dust collection system for a WEN scroll saw.
            After doing some research on YouTube, I am putting together one made out of 1/2" PCV pipe.
            I now just need to order the Loc-Line for the top and bottom tubs.

IMG_1205.JPG
            Rich keep us posted on your progress.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post

Rich keep us posted on your progress.
              I will post how it works once I get the rest of the parts set up.
              Here is the YouTube link that gave me the idea to build my dust collector:

https://youtu.be/SFM_jylYziY

Comment

This is what I put together on my Hawk. I added the trap for those small pieces that got sucked up that I wanted to keep. I did not glue any of the joints in case something got stuck. I also added a swivel joint so that I could easily swing the upper tube out of my way. The Hawks stand is steel so I used a couple of mag switches to hold the assembly to the saw. The whole system works great. Screen (600 x 337).jpgSwivel mod (337 x 600).jpgTrap (600 x 337).jpgmag switch and plubing (600 x 337).jpg
                Rolf

Comment

I finished the construction of my dust collection system for my WEN scroll saw.
                  I gave it a test run this morning and I'm very happy with how it works!

IMG_1206.JPG

Comment

That looks great! What are you using for vacuum? One thing that impresses me with sucking away the dust v/s blowing it, besides the obvious, is when I cut Baltic birch it has a smell that really bothers me. So I always wore a half mask when cutting it. now using the suction I have NO smell or dust.

Even the new saws with "dust collection" only get the bottom not the top.
                    Rolf

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                      That looks great! What are you using for vacuum? One thing that impresses me with sucking away the dust v/s blowing it, besides the obvious, is when I cut Baltic birch it has a smell that really bothers me. So I always wore a half mask when cutting it. now using the suction I have NO smell or dust.

Even the new saws with "dust collection" only get the bottom not the top.
                      Using a Shop-Vac, makes a little noise but work well removing the dust.

Comment

I think your solution will work better than the scrollnado option.

Today I was doing some cutting and realized that my upper
                        vacuum line was not clearing away the dust again. The rigid thin wall tub had kinked again. I just ordered the Loc-Line and fittings. I should have them by the 31st.. So tomorrow I begin the elimination of the Scrollnado and preparation for the next version in dust elimination.
                        cwmagee
                        aka Fibber
                        Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

Originally posted by cwmagee View Post
                          I think your solution will work better than the scrollnado option.

Today I was doing some cutting and realized that my upper
                          vacuum line was not clearing away the dust again. The rigid thin wall tub had kinked again. I just ordered the Loc-Line and fittings. I should have them by the 31st.. So tomorrow I begin the elimination of the Scrollnado and preparation for the next version in dust elimination.
                          Thanks for the update and my DYI dust collector is working just fine.
                          The Shop-Vac is a little noisy but Oh-Well!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim Finn
                            Reply to My fourth scroll saw in my shop.
                            by Jim Finn
                            Rolf;
                            The saw I have is also a 2005 or 6. It cuts well but seems noisy and when I get the blade tensioned, how I want it, the tension release lever near the blade swings forward and loosens the tension. I now have a rubber band holding it down as I run the saw. I have tried adjusting the...
                            Today, 09:58 PM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Pegas saw
                            by will8989
                            Bob, thewoodworkingshows.com Baltimore is 1/3-1/5. Lately it seems they always have space. And it’s not that far for you to travel!
                            Hegner converted their top blower to a vacuum which I really like. What needs to be changed on the Pegas saw? I don’t want to buy something than need to change...
                            Today, 09:01 PM
                          • vgraf
                            Reply to Pegas saw
                            by vgraf
                            Rolf,
                            Most blowers blow the dust from the left side to keep the cutting line clear. Did you disconnect your blower so that the vacuum system sucks the dust from the left keeping the pattern lines clear?
                            Today, 07:34 PM
                          • vgraf
                            Reply to Price Tags
                            by vgraf
                            I found some small tags at Hobby Lobby. They were in the Jewelry materials section.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Beads-Jew...p/13171-TI0524

They were about 3/8" x 5/8".

$4.99 for a packet...
                            Today, 07:22 PM
                          • Rolf
                            Reply to Pegas saw
                            by Rolf
                            I added a trap to catch the small pieces that I don't want to lose. Also a simple swivel so I can swing the top part out of the way without messing with the upper nozzle. I did not glue the joints in case I get a clog. ...
                            Today, 05:23 PM
                          Working...
                          X