For the intarsia folks - and anyone else who sands/shapes small things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the intarsia folks - and anyone else who sands/shapes small things

My daughter showed me these. I have Judy's bowed and flat detail sanders, but these work great, also. They are flexible, but firm and have good sharp edges. If they start to clog up - they're washable. I run some warm water on them and hit them with a fingernail brush. Cleans them right up.

They are pretty cheap - we bought them at a Sally Beauty Supplies store at 79 cents each. I've seen them on Amazon, but I've seen some prices at $7.50 +/-, although that may be for packages of ten.

Just another trick for the job.
    Attached Files
    Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

My wife still has her hair dresser license, she cuts my hair. So we go the local Sally's for her supplies. They have lots of stuff that is great for our hobby like small squeeze bottles, I will look for these the next time I go with her. Thanks for the tip.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Small sanding boards are incredibly handy. With my musical instrument building I have ended up with a lot of offcuts of 2mm thick material and I use double sided tape to stick sandpaper to whatever shaped sanding board I need at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by tgiro01 View Post
        My daughter showed me these. I have Judy's bowed and flat detail sanders, but these work great, also. They are flexible, but firm and have good sharp edges. If they start to clog up - they're washable. I run some warm water on them and hit them with a fingernail brush. Cleans them right up.

They are pretty cheap - we bought them at a Sally Beauty Supplies store at 79 cents each. I've seen them on Amazon, but I've seen some prices at $7.50 +/-, although that may be for packages of ten.

Just another trick for the job.
        That same brand on Amazon is $8.99 for one file (Black). One file on the Sally Supplies website it is $1.59..
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I found these sanding files at Hobby Lobby, 12 per pack for $4.99 - with 40% coupon - $2.99. They are double sided with two different grits. Three choices - 100/180 grit, 120/240 grit and 240/320 grit. Small - 1/8" wide x 6-1/2" long
          Get Professional Hobby Sanding Files - 120/240 Grit online or find other Paint & Brushes products from HobbyLobby.com
          Jo Labre - in beautiful Racine, Wisconsin

Mostly, I don't know what I am doing - but I am doing it with GUSTO!

Comment

Jo Labre - in beautiful Racine, Wisconsin

Mostly, I don't know what I am doing - but I am doing it with GUSTO!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
              Reply to Colwood wood burner Great support
              by Sandy Oaks
              Good to hear about great service and support
              Today, 09:14 AM
            • Rolf
              Colwood wood burner Great support
              by Rolf
              I was using my older Colewood Super pro II yesterday and I could not control the temperature. As soon as I turned it on the tip went to the max. I opened it up to have a look.
              Not much in the box a Transformer, a small circuit board with a few components. I decided to call the company and I believe...
              Today, 08:27 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to ?????? ??
              by Rolf
              It seems that new members don't present themselves in the new members section. If anyone spots a new member encourage them to introduce themselves in the new member section.

I will send Kaylee a note to see who is overseeing the forum.
              Today, 08:06 AM
            • Jim McDonald
              Reply to ?????? ??
              by Jim McDonald
              As you know, we lost a ton of folks during the time the board was being redone and a lot of them ended up at the Village and have never looked back.
              As far as updates to the software, I am with Scott on having no clue. I do wish some of the old timers would check in from time to time, even...
              Yesterday, 07:43 PM
            • NC Scroller
              Reply to ?????? ??
              by NC Scroller
              I know Bob Duncan used to monitor and work on forum issues. No clue who is handling it now....
              Yesterday, 05:37 PM
            Working...
            X