Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Band saw Fence

Kreg Bandsaw Fence review.

I was asked to do a review of this fence after I have used it for a while so here it is.
    I have a Delta 16” band saw with a 6” riser Model 28-475X. It had no fence when I bought it new. So I added one. I was never very happy with it, it had two rails and the round front rail was hard to read. Also the fence was on the right side of the blade, I prefer it to be on the left. Also the rails stuck out too far and were always in my way (small shop).
    I have been looking at the Kreg fence for some time as I have several other Kreg products that I am very pleased with.
    . Kreg KMS7200 Bandsaw Fence
    The main parts are all anodized aluminum extrusions, very ridged.
    The instructions were clear and all of the necessary installation parts were included. I also purchased the two re-saw guides a 4-1/2 inch and the 7” . they lock into the T track and easily removed.
    The picture shows the small guide.It also came with a micro adjuster which may or may not end up being usefull.
    20190111_110314 (Small).jpgOld Delta Fence front (Small).jpg
    I set the fence parallel to my miter slot and made sure it was absolutely perpendicular to the table top. Of course you also have to make sure the table is perpendicular to the blade.
    I have been slicing a bunch of wood to a bit more than 1/8 just enough thicker so that the drum sander cleans it up for a final thickness of 1/8. There is no movement or flex in the fence and the slices are very precise. I did not use the guide for re-sawing this wood as I have no blade drift issues with my saw.
    I have been slicing, maple, Wenge and yellow heart for a magazine project.
    Very pleased and well worth the $107 on Amazon.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Interesting and looks sturdy but a tad expensive. I have a fence I use for resaw that is made from Baltic Birch. It is sturdy and works well. I think the key for resaw is a well tuned saw and the right blade on my 16" Jet. I use a 1/2" Woodslicer but would like a 1/2" carbide toothed blade.

Comment

Bruce bought the Carter bandsaw fence and resaw fence at the Woodworkers show. He hasn’t used it yet but will give his ewview when he does use it. His is magnetic as he is left handed.thats what he said anyway. Will let you know how it is when I use it.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Quartz you are absolutely right about the need for a good blade and proper tuning of the saw. I thought the price was a lot cheaper than I expected. Only nine ornaments
        Betty I have the mag switches on my scroll saw dust collection they are amazingly strong.
        But for my fence I want to be able to set my distance precisely and quickly with a minimum of fuss.
        Rolf

Comment

Thx for the review, what size blade did you use for resawing, also I feel that is a good price considering it is a Kreg product, I like their stuff, I have a few of their products, RJ
          Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

There are lots of great blades out there but I have been using a 5/8 inch blade from Infinity for a few years now.

https://www.infinitytools.com/saw-bl...bandsaw-blades
            Rolf

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
              There are lots of great blades out there but I have been using a 5/8 inch blade from Infinity for a few years now.

https://www.infinitytools.com/saw-bl...bandsaw-blades
              Thanks - I had lost that link and needed new resaw blades.
              Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

I have been enjoying mine for about a year now.

I have a Grizzly BS and the original fence was only usable on the inside. I need for it to be used both ways, so I went with the Kreg. I occasionally tilt the table and need the fence on the outside to use as a guide in the tilted position.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine!
                Hank Lee
                Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted.

Comment

Hank so far I am very pleased with all of my Kreg products. Last year I bought their folding work table. They call it a Mobile project center. With Their clamps and some Add ons I made myself it is constant use.
                  Rolf

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
                    Reply to Unicorn Spit Experiment
                    by Jim McDonald
                    I have used it on a few projects and it worked on some, not so good on others.
                    What I found was the yellow on BB plywood is too light in pigment--even with two coats full strength. Had to scrap some pieces and pick another color. The red, blue, green, orange did great. I should say the dyes mix...
                    Today, 07:32 PM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to Question on a RBI hawk
                    by Rolf
                    Along with what Tango said. The earlier saws did not top feed,not exactly sure when the change happened. I personally would not buy a Hawk that has the lower barrel style clamp. I would look for a saw 2005 or newer. That has the new clamps Variable speed, top and bottom feed.
                    If you can get...
                    Today, 05:23 PM
                  • handibunny
                    Reply to Pegas blade clamp (retrofitted to the Jet) tensioning lever disengages by itself
                    by handibunny
                    Thanks for the info, Rolf. Sounds like the Corian was the culprit. Interesting.
                    Today, 04:04 PM
                  • cwmagee
                    Reply to Wacom tablet
                    by cwmagee
                    I have a Wacom tablet for several years, I too find it frustrating to use. I have never been able to get comfortable with the eye hand coordination that a tablet requires. I find the mouse far more convenient. I know that there those swear by it, I swear at it.
                    Today, 01:21 PM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to Wacom tablet
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    I have tried really hard with Inkscape and Paint. Dabbled in a few others. Mostly I find it to be a glorified mouse that I have to be overly carefuly to keep my hand off of the surface while using. True graphite and paper artists don't allow their hand to brush the paper because the graphite would...
                    Today, 11:43 AM
                  Working...
                  X