Pegas Blade Clamps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pegas Blade Clamps

I just ordered the package from Bear Woods. The EX21 was not holding the blades tight and now these tension lever keeps popping up. Yesterday I had to use the old DeWalt which still works fine.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

I hope you don't have the service that others are screaming about on another forum about Bear Woods. When I upgraded my EX I got them from D&D. You will love them.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

My experience with Bear Woods has been very good. Unfortunately the shipment has to go going through customs, and that was my only issue.
      Per tracking information, It took over a week from the time of arrival to departure from customs.
      cwmagee
      aka Fibber
      Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

Originally posted by cwmagee View Post
        My experience with Bear Woods has been very good. Unfortunately the shipment has to go going through customs, and that was my only issue.
        Per tracking information, It took over a week from the time of arrival to departure from customs.
        Fibber the problem that is being talked about is the length of time it took them to ship and not the length of time it took to be processed by customs and the postal system.
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Scott,

I purchased my upgrade from QTE North America back in early 2018. The items I have purchased from Bear Woods was blades and other miscellaneous hardware and their response was very prompt. That said, I have not made any purchases recently because of the customs issues. Perhaps their service has changed since I made my purchases.
          cwmagee
          aka Fibber
          Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

Wow guys, now I am concerned about shipping. I will follow up.
            Denny

Comment

I got mine from Bear Woods and had no problems.
              When you get them installed, you will quickly fall in love with them.
              Jim
              When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
              Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

I sent an email to Bear Woods stating my concern. Almost immediately I received a reply. They upgraded shipping and will ship today by UPS. Only problem, shipping will take eight days.
                Denny

Comment

I ordered a set for my Ex from Bear Woods about a month ago and the shipping was very fast. No complaints here.
                  Brian in the Four Corners

Comment

Originally posted by bcdennis View Post
                    I ordered a set for my Ex from Bear Woods about a month ago and the shipping was very fast. No complaints here.
                    At least they shipped it the next day. No complaint about that. The UPS tracking says next Thursday.
                    Denny

Comment

QTE North America has them on sale for $85 for the full set for my Excalibur EX-16.
                      This is my first order with QTE so I'll let you know when they come in.

They don't have the new Pegas saws online yet, but supposedly they are being made in the same factory as the Excalibur brand, as referenced in SSWC's review by Bob Duncan on page 16 of issue 74 this month.

The new Pegas saws come with the new clamping system installed, but it's cheaper for me to upgrade my EX-16.

QTE also has the new clamp for the Delta, DeWalt ($60) and Jet ($35). Here is the link to their section of the site with the Pegas chucks:
                      Woodtography - photography in wood
                      http://www.Woodtography.com

Comment

I received the package on Thursday. I noticed I need a 7mm wrench. I will install them today.
                        Denny

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Oaks View Post
                          I received the package on Thursday. I noticed I need a 7mm wrench. I will install them today.
                          If they didn't include it, here is a photo that is on the QTENA site that shows the proper tensioning position for the lever (at least on the Excalibur).

I seem to recall some folks having a problem there.

Woodtography - photography in wood
                          http://www.Woodtography.com

Comment

Actually too busy on Saturday, so I installed them today. I watched a short video and installed in a matter of minutes.
                            Denny

Comment

What a joy. I cut a test cutting project for SWWC today. The cutting on the EX21 with the new Pegas clamps went like a breeze. Not so much the glue up.
                              Denny

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• DaveVanEss
                                The Fickle Finger of Fate
                                by DaveVanEss
                                It is amazing how Edward R. Murrow's life could would have been different it is wasn't for this one event. When he was going to Washington State University he met a gorgeous girl going to the University of Idaho. They made a wonderful couple and they talked about getting married after Edward graduated....
                                Yesterday, 11:16 AM
                              • meflick
                                Reply to Fall 2019 Issue
                                by meflick
                                Mine was in the mail Fri., just in time to throw in For our weekend camping trip. I agree, great looking projects to do and always fun to see the contributions and names of our forum friends, ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ™‚ now to carve out time to try a few of them.
                                07-14-2019, 03:27 PM
                              • meflick
                                Reply to Unicorn Spit
                                by meflick
                                Thanks Betty. I will need to check our local store. I Will also check their online site and see if itโ€™s there. Now, I need to go and retrieve that Joanneโ€™s email with the coupon back out of the trash. ๐Ÿ˜‰...
                                07-14-2019, 03:23 PM
                              • meflick
                                Reply to Dream Catcher Silhouette Ornaments
                                by meflick
                                Thank you Betty. You are very kind, just let me know whenever you are ready....
                                07-14-2019, 03:19 PM
                              • meflick
                                Reply to Conversations
                                by meflick
                                Thanks to the Magazine that was in my mailbox on Fri, I know what a Unicorn ๐Ÿฆ„ Spit is. โ˜บ๏ธ I will be looking for some to try as well. No cookies here, trying to cut back on the sugar. ๐Ÿ˜” But I agree, if Elliott wants to think you made them, who are we to argue. ๐Ÿ˜‰ my day was great, we recently...
                                07-14-2019, 03:16 PM
                              Working...
                              X