X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bcdennis
    started a topic New Saw

New Saw

I have had 3 Scroll Saws since I picked up this hobby years ago. I started with a Dremel, moved up to the Dewalt 788 and then after wearing that one out after 5 years I moved up to the Excalibur. I loved the Excalibur and it was great for about the first 6 months. Then out of no where something popped and the machine began to grind and make a terrible noise. Called the tech help at Seyco and they were great in trying to help me. Turns out the Motor Cam Shaft broke in half. They said they have never seen it before and it must have been a fault in the metal. They sent out the replacement part and walked me through the replacement procedures. I put the machine right back to work but it has never been right since (happened in 2016). I have tried everything I can to get it back to where it was, arm adjustments, motor adjustments, speed adjustments, etc. but nothing has worked. It has gotten to the point where I just can't use it on the fret work I do.

In no way is this a reflection of the people at Seyco. They were and have been great in trying to help me out. I would highly recommend them to anyone who asked about their products or customer service.

So to the point of my post, I am in the market for an upgrade. I put up to 40 hours a week on these machines, mostly fine fret work, so I need a machine that will hold up. I am leaning towards a Jet Scroll Saw but some others have caught my eye that could work. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by bcdennis; 05-24-2018, 05:11 PM.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X