New toy, new challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy, new challenge

i have been wanting for years to do bowl grinding. So I finally decided to just GO FOR IT. Decided on a grinder today. It’s a makita, 3.1 pounds and a small enough handle for my hands. Most tools are made for larger hands. Now I am researching grinding wheels. Leaning towards Lancelot grinder. Guinevere has a good utube on bowl carving with their tools. Plus need a few other items. I do have the arbotec sanding tool I won as a door prize at the first open house, which saves me $100. Hoping to have everything purchased and ready to go when this kitchen is done. Any advice is welcomed.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Like they say, no pictures, it didn’t happen, enjoy your new toy, RJ
    Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

I’m still in the buying equipment process. Getting everything ready for when we are done this kitchen.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
        I’m still in the buying equipment process. Getting everything ready for when we are done this kitchen.
        You mean you have an end date?
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

YES!!!!! At least an end date to start demo. We will start to demo in 4 weeks. Bruce’s brother is working us in between his paying customers. When he gets here we will be down to studs and subfloor. He will do electricity, plus some in my work area. Insulation in the back wall and drywall. He is an amazing drywall installer. Primer and paint the little of the wall showing. Kevin will help them with the cabinets. Floor, counter tops, backsplash and we’re done. Easy right? In the meantime, he has about 2 more days on the cabinets. And my job? As Elliott calls me “Boss”, he’s the supervisor and Bruce is the worker. Smart kid.
          Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X