My old yeller saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My old yeller saw

My old DeWalt Type 1 is near and dear to me. After cleaning it up and preparing to cut a few puzzles requested by family and friends I've begun to think how much enjoyment it has given me. It's not the most used but has seen a lot of use. With a serial number of 89292 I figure it was manufactured in '92. The bee and ladybug banks I made for the kids are now on a shelf in the garage, replaced by them with debit/credit cards, cell phones, cars, and their own lives. With my interest in scrolling rising I will be making more dust and firewood probably but wonder if one of the new and improved models now being built will serve as well or better as my Old Yeller. If it ever gives up I'll find out.

I had a Type 1 up until I moved to the Ex-21. I don't have room for two saws, so I sold the DW788. My understanding is that, the Type 1's will out run a type two any day. And parts are still available for them.
    Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• octoolguy
      Reply to Spiral Basket
      octoolguy
      I've watched many of Alex Fox's videos. You did a fine job on this one. I will have to give it a try....
      Today, 03:02 PM
    • mowerman1193
      Reply to Pegas Blade Chuck?
      mowerman1193
      Hmm, I read on another message board that the thumb screws are the same size.. and they said they used their screws they had from their old clamp because they had bought some special steel ones with a knurled knob.. so I guess I would assume the screws would work.. then I also read where the only difference...
      Today, 02:48 PM
    • bhenr99
      Reply to Pegas Blade Chuck?
      bhenr99
      I called suppliers of the Pegas blade holder and none of them could answer if parts were available.I asked mainly for the tip replacement on the thumb screw.
      Today, 08:27 AM
    • Rolf
      Reply to Great Poplar
      Rolf
      Beautiful colors it is a shame that it doesn't stay that way.
      Today, 08:18 AM
    • Rolf
      Reply to Lowes Picking up Craftsman Hand Tools
      Rolf
      I was never a fan of Craftsman power tools. I always though they were for "homeowner duty" and for most normal usage they are great. For heavy duty usage I go with higher end brands. My dad was a big fan. The only Craftsman tools I used heavily and still do are the mechanical ones, wrenches...
      Today, 08:09 AM
    Working...
    X