My old yeller saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My old yeller saw

My old DeWalt Type 1 is near and dear to me. After cleaning it up and preparing to cut a few puzzles requested by family and friends I've begun to think how much enjoyment it has given me. It's not the most used but has seen a lot of use. With a serial number of 89292 I figure it was manufactured in '92. The bee and ladybug banks I made for the kids are now on a shelf in the garage, replaced by them with debit/credit cards, cell phones, cars, and their own lives. With my interest in scrolling rising I will be making more dust and firewood probably but wonder if one of the new and improved models now being built will serve as well or better as my Old Yeller. If it ever gives up I'll find out.

I had a Type 1 up until I moved to the Ex-21. I don't have room for two saws, so I sold the DW788. My understanding is that, the Type 1's will out run a type two any day. And parts are still available for them.
    Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X