My old yeller saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My old yeller saw

My old DeWalt Type 1 is near and dear to me. After cleaning it up and preparing to cut a few puzzles requested by family and friends I've begun to think how much enjoyment it has given me. It's not the most used but has seen a lot of use. With a serial number of 89292 I figure it was manufactured in '92. The bee and ladybug banks I made for the kids are now on a shelf in the garage, replaced by them with debit/credit cards, cell phones, cars, and their own lives. With my interest in scrolling rising I will be making more dust and firewood probably but wonder if one of the new and improved models now being built will serve as well or better as my Old Yeller. If it ever gives up I'll find out.

I had a Type 1 up until I moved to the Ex-21. I don't have room for two saws, so I sold the DW788. My understanding is that, the Type 1's will out run a type two any day. And parts are still available for them.
    Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• alexscrollsaw
      Tiger fretwork
      alexscrollsaw
      Tiger fretwork, 450 cuts
      Size 10x13 inches (without frame), birch plywood, 1/6 inch, gloss varnish
      pattern is available at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlexFoxUA

Today, 04:03 AM
    • will8989
      Conversation with Bruce
      will8989
      Me: I can’t believe I’m almost out of wood. Only 2small pieces of cherry and some poplar. No wood, no baskets for Wednesday night. Bruce: well, where is the wood? Me: in the bank. Bruce: what’s it doing in the bank? Me: seriously? He went to the carpenter shop where the sawmill is for Elm and...
      Today, 12:56 AM
    • will8989
      Reply to Farmers Mkt today
      will8989
      Another great day yesterday, almost a sell out!!! Sold all but 3 Small baskets, some card holders and a few other things. Repeat customers. Freezing cold!!! Now, what do I take for Wednesday night?
      Today, 12:40 AM
    • hotshot
      Reply to Coin Cutting Weekend
      hotshot
      Sorry, I totally missed this question, for CorelDraw, crop you pattern to the edges on all sides, then scale the pattern to 100mm x 100mm then export that to PDF. What that does is than anyone can take you pattern then make it fit any coin by just printing to a percentage that matches the size of the...
      Yesterday, 11:44 PM
    • Quartz43
      Reply to epoxy
      Quartz43
      I have used several different epoxy. I use 5 and 15 minute epoxy for most things. I use the Bob Smith brand from Amazon. I mix it in small pill cups and measure by weight with a cheap small digital scale. One does need to be careful as it is not mixed one to one by weight and you have to check directions....
      Yesterday, 06:51 PM
    Working...
    X