X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotshot
    started a topic New Pegas Blade Clamps for Seyco, Ex and Clones

New Pegas Blade Clamps for Seyco, Ex and Clones

So, for those of you that got the latest version of SSW&C, what did you think about the advertisement for the new Pegas replacement clamps for the EX (and clones) and Seyco saws?

Get a peek from a German Vendor here: https://www.dictum.com/en/tools/wood...r-complete-set

• hotshot
    replied
    Mine are going strong too, but after I work on the saw a while, I forget all about it, and it just becomes another part of the machine . . except when I go back and forth between the Ex (my home saw with Pegas Clamps) and the King (My Travel Saw). There is definitely a usability difference. I don't use the portable enough to justify the upgrade, but if the classic clamps on the King ever give up the ghost, I'll upgrade those to Pegas as well.
    Last edited by hotshot; 06-06-2018, 12:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cwmagee
    replied
    It has been 4 months since I installed the Pegas blade clamps. I have not had one blade slip from the clamp. I have approximately 120 hours on them. I am very happy with my decision to convert My EX 21.

Leave a comment:

• hotshot
    replied
    Here is my current take:

If this clamp has better durability that the stock clamp, we won't know for a few years, since most of our existing stock clamps last that long already. If we have a production cutter using the clamp, they might be able to give us a better early indication.

When I first started using the clamp, the main thing that stuck out, and concerned me, was that so little effort is required to apply the tension. It just didn't seem possible that I could be getting enough tension with so little force. But in fact, it seems to be fine, at least for me. I have not had the knob flip up by itself once. The old clamp was doing that a lot.

It seems like the Pegas clamp isn't so Deep, which means I have a lot easier time visually seeing into the clamp. Why would I want to do that? I don't know, but I find myself checking visually checking to see if the blade is flush against the back. Couldn't really do that on the old clamps.

Because of the attribute listed above, If you want to check the set screw, that is definitely easier. But, the mechanism to hold the set screw in position seems to be working, despite my early skepticism.

Vibration: I spent hours testing this, and the vibration was measurably less. Do I notice it? . . . .No, but then again, the house could be burning, and when I'm focused on my cutting, not sure I would notice, plus, the saw was pretty smooth before.

Though the aesthetics do nothing for the functionality of the saw, I love the way it looks. Wish my green saw matched. It would go great with my new Black King saw, but I'm not ready to put out another $90 yet.

-----Randy
    Last edited by hotshot; 04-15-2018, 10:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NiftyWoodCraft
    replied
    Thank you guys. Will check again!

Leave a comment:

• cwmagee
    replied
    I just rechecked my EX21 for side play. No evidence of any.

I like Carole I had some crude build up when removing the EX21 Blade holders. Once I cleaned up the parts and reassembled with the Pegas Blade holders. Both the upper and lower fit real snug. I wonder if you have some wear on the rocker arms that the blade holders attach to.

I had replaced my rocker arms about a year and half ago.

Leave a comment:

• tgiro01
    replied
    Originally posted by NiftyWoodCraft View Post
    I just installed the Pegas clamps on my Excalibur 21 bought in 2016. So while my blades are square when I check with a square and by cutting into a piece of wood, the pieces I cut out of fretwork will only come out of the top, but not the bottom. i.e. the pieces are wider on top than on bottom. When checking I found that the red pegas clamps have some wiggle room from right to left and vice versa. Could that be the problem? My husband says he tightened them as far as the inner sleeves allowed. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    The Pegas clamps for my EX-21, bought in Oct 2012, fit nice and tight. There is no wiggle room in the clamp-to-arm attachment.

Maybe, the reciprocal arms aren't tight?

Leave a comment:

• handibunny
    replied
    My clamps sit snugly and my cuts are true, so I'm surprised that yours have wiggle room. I had a bit of trouble getting the sleeves of the Jet clamps removed (identical to Pegas sleeves) because of crud, but the new sleeves slid in easily. I did have to play with the nuts and setscrews to get the blade absolutely vertical when the zero detente was engaged, so that might be something to recheck.

Leave a comment:

• NiftyWoodCraft
    replied
    I just installed the Pegas clamps on my Excalibur 21 bought in 2016. So while my blades are square when I check with a square and by cutting into a piece of wood, the pieces I cut out of fretwork will only come out of the top, but not the bottom. i.e. the pieces are wider on top than on bottom. When checking I found that the red pegas clamps have some wiggle room from right to left and vice versa. Could that be the problem? My husband says he tightened them as far as the inner sleeves allowed. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• cwmagee
    replied
    I now approaching 40 hours of operation. much of this period I have been cutting 3/4" Paduck and Walnut for a 56 Corvette Intarsia Project. I am very pleased with the Pegas Blade Holders. I have 100% success with the blades staying in the lower blade holder.

Thanks to the Pegas Upgrade.

After reading Steve Goods blog, I decided to try the Pegas modified geometry blades. They are super! I find it easier to get straight 90 deg cuts.

Leave a comment:

• cwmagee
    replied
    Rolf,

It is not that your shop is small, it is that you already have a shop full of very useful tools.

Leave a comment:

• bhenr99
    replied
    I'm all set contacted him with other address.

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    The one I PMed you or the one listed in this thread? I know the one I PMed you works. That's the one I use to communicate with Markus.

Leave a comment:

• bhenr99
    replied
    e-mail address didn't work

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    Here's the website and contact info for Pegas:

Our website is www.scies.ch and the email is info@pegas.ch

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bill Wilson
    Reply to wipe on poly and tack cloth
    by Bill Wilson
    First, follow the instructions on the can, regarding wait time between coats. I would think that for the first couple coats, re-applying while the previous coat was still tacky wouldn't be terrible, but I would warn that building several coats without allowing proper drying time, will extend the overall,...
    Today, 08:50 AM
  • Don in Brooklin On
    Reply to wipe on poly and tack cloth
    by Don in Brooklin On
    I use wipe on poly quite often and I apply 2 thin coats before sanding with 220 or 320. I wipe with a lint free. Someone told me not to use tack cloth as you can leave behind a wee bit of beeswax witch could cause issues later on.

I make sure that the surface is dry and not tacky before...
    Yesterday, 05:41 AM
  • dwssr2
    wipe on poly and tack cloth
    by dwssr2
    Question, when sanding polyurethane in between coats, using a tack cloth, is it ok to wipe on poly while the project seems tacky or should a person wait a few hours to let it dry?
    How necessary is it to sand between coats of polyurethane? I am sure people have a lot of different opinions and...
    04-24-2019, 05:58 PM
  • tgiro01
    Reply to Do you know what this Is?
    by tgiro01
    Betty asked: "Where does the responsibility of the maker of an item end and the responsibility of the purchaser begin? My sealife puzzle is purchased by older people due to its complexity but - if they leave it laying around and a child gets a part and chokes, is that my responsibility or theirs?"...
    04-24-2019, 12:20 PM
  • RJweb
    Reply to Do you know what this Is?
    by RJweb
    The problem now a days everyone is sue happy, no matter who’s at fault, RJ...
    04-24-2019, 10:03 AM
Working...
X