No announcement yet.

New Pegas Blade Clamps for Seyco, Ex and Clones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Markus from Pegas said they have not received any e-mails recently about this issue. What e-mail address are you sending to?

Here's more from Markus:
    First,I would like to say that we didn’t receive his 3 emails. It is not our style not to answer, in the opposite, we give a lot importance to the emails we rreceiveand answer as fast as possible. We want the PEGAS image to be the best!

Second, if the tension lever flips it’s because it is tensioned too much back. Here enclosed you will find the way how to tension correctly the lever.

(As an aside, I've seen exactly what Markus is talking about. He recreated the situation when he was at our shop. Basically, if you flip the lever too far back, it pops forward unexpectedly and releases the tension. Flip it back one notch and it will work fine).
    Attached Files
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I went to the factory site and they have a contact form you fill out and send. I sent 3 times. I know about putting lever to far back and I don't do that.It flips up in the normal position as your pdf. The on contact address is the Pegas factory that they list on their site.Don't know why e-mails were not received did as site instructs.

The place sending e-mail to is Dieter Schmid's After futher check after Bob D post e-mail was not going to Pegas but to people listed that I got by google.
      Sorry to Pegas if the site is not you.

Other than what was listed on pdf as to lever being back to far is not my flipping problem.
      Last edited by bhenr99; 02-19-2018, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I've asked Markus to look at the thread. Feel free to PM me your e-mail address if you'd like me to pass it on to Markus directly.

www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Here's the website and contact info for Pegas:

Our website is www.scies.ch and the email is info@pegas.ch

www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

e-mail address didn't work

Comment

The one I PMed you or the one listed in this thread? I know the one I PMed you works. That's the one I use to communicate with Markus.
              www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I'm all set contacted him with other address.

Comment

Rolf,

It is not that your shop is small, it is that you already have a shop full of very useful tools.
                  cwmagee
                  aka Fibber
                  Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

I now approaching 40 hours of operation. much of this period I have been cutting 3/4" Paduck and Walnut for a 56 Corvette Intarsia Project. I am very pleased with the Pegas Blade Holders. I have 100% success with the blades staying in the lower blade holder.

Thanks to the Pegas Upgrade.

After reading Steve Goods blog, I decided to try the Pegas modified geometry blades. They are super! I find it easier to get straight 90 deg cuts.

cwmagee
                    aka Fibber

Comment

I just installed the Pegas clamps on my Excalibur 21 bought in 2016. So while my blades are square when I check with a square and by cutting into a piece of wood, the pieces I cut out of fretwork will only come out of the top, but not the bottom. i.e. the pieces are wider on top than on bottom. When checking I found that the red pegas clamps have some wiggle room from right to left and vice versa. Could that be the problem? My husband says he tightened them as far as the inner sleeves allowed. Any advice would be much appreciated.

People will always throw stones in your path. What will you build?
                      Yoga patterns at https://www.etsy.com/shop/beatrixpodder
                      Things I may have scrolled: http://niftywoodwork.blogspot.com

Comment

My clamps sit snugly and my cuts are true, so I'm surprised that yours have wiggle room. I had a bit of trouble getting the sleeves of the Jet clamps removed (identical to Pegas sleeves) because of crud, but the new sleeves slid in easily. I did have to play with the nuts and setscrews to get the blade absolutely vertical when the zero detente was engaged, so that might be something to recheck.
                        Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyWoodCraft View Post
                          I just installed the Pegas clamps on my Excalibur 21 bought in 2016. So while my blades are square when I check with a square and by cutting into a piece of wood, the pieces I cut out of fretwork will only come out of the top, but not the bottom. i.e. the pieces are wider on top than on bottom. When checking I found that the red pegas clamps have some wiggle room from right to left and vice versa. Could that be the problem? My husband says he tightened them as far as the inner sleeves allowed. Any advice would be much appreciated.
                          The Pegas clamps for my EX-21, bought in Oct 2012, fit nice and tight. There is no wiggle room in the clamp-to-arm attachment.

Maybe, the reciprocal arms aren't tight?
                          Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

I just rechecked my EX21 for side play. No evidence of any.

I like Carole I had some crude build up when removing the EX21 Blade holders. Once I cleaned up the parts and reassembled with the Pegas Blade holders. Both the upper and lower fit real snug. I wonder if you have some wear on the rocker arms that the blade holders attach to.

I had replaced my rocker arms about a year and half ago.
                            cwmagee
                            aka Fibber

Comment

Thank you guys. Will check again!
                              People will always throw stones in your path. What will you build?
                              Yoga patterns at https://www.etsy.com/shop/beatrixpodder
                              Things I may have scrolled: http://niftywoodwork.blogspot.com

Comment

Here is my current take:

If this clamp has better durability that the stock clamp, we won't know for a few years, since most of our existing stock clamps last that long already. If we have a production cutter using the clamp, they might be able to give us a better early indication.

When I first started using the clamp, the main thing that stuck out, and concerned me, was that so little effort is required to apply the tension. It just didn't seem possible that I could be getting enough tension with so little force. But in fact, it seems to be fine, at least for me. I have not had the knob flip up by itself once. The old clamp was doing that a lot.

It seems like the Pegas clamp isn't so Deep, which means I have a lot easier time visually seeing into the clamp. Why would I want to do that? I don't know, but I find myself checking visually checking to see if the blade is flush against the back. Couldn't really do that on the old clamps.

Because of the attribute listed above, If you want to check the set screw, that is definitely easier. But, the mechanism to hold the set screw in position seems to be working, despite my early skepticism.

Vibration: I spent hours testing this, and the vibration was measurably less. Do I notice it? . . . .No, but then again, the house could be burning, and when I'm focused on my cutting, not sure I would notice, plus, the saw was pretty smooth before.

Though the aesthetics do nothing for the functionality of the saw, I love the way it looks. Wish my green saw matched. It would go great with my new Black King saw, but I'm not ready to put out another $90 yet.

-----Randy
                                Last edited by hotshot; 04-15-2018, 10:40 PM.
                                "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X