New Pegas Blade Clamps for Seyco, Ex and Clones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BobD View Post
    .....The new Pegas heads are machined from 7075 Aeronautical Aluminum.

From Wikipedia:
    Aluminum alloy 7075 is an aluminum alloy, with zinc as the primary alloying element. It is strong, with a strength comparable to many steels, and has good fatigue strength and average machinability.

That is just awesome. I leaned something cool today.
    "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

Bob,

Thanks for the material composition info.

I now have nearly 35 hours of operation since I installed the Pegas blade holders. It is a vast improvement over the OEM.

Prior to this upgrade, I was seriously considering replacing my EX21 because of the lower blade holder issues. Now I can look forward to many more years of use.
      cwmagee
      aka Fibber
      Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

You should ask Pegas if they plan to sell the Pegas branded saw in the U.S. They have created an awesome looking saw. If they want to take their saw to another level, they need to fix (or remove) the dust collection, then they would have a real competitive advantage.

Comment

Randy, get one. Only a little over $1116. + shipping America, without stand. I was looking at pictures and there is a power switch in the upper arm like normal but also one in back by the motor. Would that have something to do with the difference in electrical power? A converter, maybe?
          AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappile View Post
            Randy, get one. Only a little over $1116. + shipping America, without stand. I was looking at pictures and there is a power switch in the upper arm like normal but also one in back by the motor. Would that have something to do with the difference in electrical power? A converter, maybe?
            Yeah, to be competitive, they would need to compete on price also, and bulk ship/sale to a vendor. I already have the older green saw with the better table (no dust collection), so I would not be their target buyer, unless mine dies. Since I only use my EX for coins, I would go with the 16" for a smaller footprint.
            Last edited by hotshot; 02-16-2018, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Right now, according to Grobet/Pegas, "our scroll saws are NOT available for the U.S. market.

As for the other question about a switch on the motor. This was installed due to the CE regulations."

www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Just ordered my set. The Jet is a bear to bottom feed with the table at a sharp tilt. Still love my Hegner, but if I'm going to have a back-up saw, I'd prefer it be as good as it can be.

Thanks, Bob, and everyone else for the invaluable information. I took a quick look at the Jet, and it does look like a simple swap.
                Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Mindy switched out a set yesterday on one saw. She says be sure to use a socket for the nut side; an adjustable wrench makes it challenging!
                  www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Carole, where did you order from, thx RJ
                    Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

RJ, check on the earlier posts. Randy posted a link which Fibber used successfully. It’s for a place called QTE North America. Ships from NJ.
                      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Bob you and Mindy get to have some fun also? Working on and evaluating tools and saws. I would be glad to help out with that just send all that stuff to me.
                        Rolf
                        RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Rolf,

Having been in your shop, I have a couple of questions. Are planning on a major expansion to your shop? If not where would you put all of the equipment?
                          cwmagee
                          aka Fibber
                          Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

removed the post
                            Last edited by bhenr99; 02-19-2018, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Fibber Are you insinuating that I have a small Shop?
                              I guess I will have to continue digging under my yard. I am in the process of purging a lot of stuff in the main part of the basement.
                              Rolf
                              RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by bhenr99 View Post
                                I have the new Pegas and have a problem with lever flipping up while sawing. I can not get any help with the problem from Pegas after 3 e-mails and no answer. I can not find a vendor that could help me out.I wish had a customer service so you could get some help when needed. When lever flips up it breaks or bends blade so you have to replace it. This is a shame that you can't get any help when you have a problem from Pegas.I have a Excalibur 21.
                                Send a Private message to BobD on this forum. He has a contact with Pegas. Please keep us posted on your situation.
                                Scott
                                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X