blade tension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blade tension

So up until this morning my delta would not tension past the 1 1/2 mark. Now all of a sudden it goes up to 4 but has very little tension. I've looked thru the info that Rick Hutchinson has and it has two different ways. I did take the switch cover off and the bold that holds the tension arm. You can see underneath where the cam and/or the tension rod has been rubbing. I don't know whether to keep going on that end. Or should I take the back end off and try to see if I can do anything with the tension rod at that end.

Dan

I'd do the easiest first. You might get lucky.
    AKA Paul from Washington State
    Hegner Multimax 22-V and Seyco ST-21

Comment

So I finally got the saw to keep tension on the blades. but after I put the table back on the blade up against the right side of the hole. It was not like this when I took it apart. I need to know how to fix this I have a wedding present to finish and the wedding is tomorrow night. Is it possible I just got the bolts to tight and the table is out of alignment

Dan

Comment

Which Delta do you have? Did you move some spacers? what part did you take apart?
        Rolf
        RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

It's a delta 40-690. I ended up taking the table off, and both cover pieces off the non motor side. And then the switch cover and the handle that moves to put tension on the blade. I'm still not sure what I did to get the tension back. But putting that side cover back on was not easy for me. I couldn't get the bearing to line up with the hole on the outside cover. And the side that covers the arm wasn't so easy either. I really needed four hands to do it.

But after fiddling with it this morning I was able to get the table a little more center for the blade. My main goal was getting the letter N cut out so I could finish the gift for tonight's wedding reception. Tomorrow I'll take a little closer look. I'm guessing I got carried away tightening everything. At first the table would not go back on at all and I had to loosen the three bolts that hold it on the stand before it would fit. And the arm would not raise up easily so I loosened a few of those bolts also.

It still feels funny to me when I go to tension on it but at least it tightens at 3 now and stays there. By funny I mean I don't feel it starting to tension until I get passed the number 2. I'm debating if I want to take the cover off again to get at the tension rod and give it another turn.

But I appreciate you asking Rolf

Dan

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X