Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Think Of This Deal? Just Rambling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Think Of This Deal? Just Rambling.

I'm always looking at scroll saws on Craigslist in the N.W. There are always several DeWalts mostly in the $300 - $400 range. That is pretty good re-sell value for a tool, around 60% of new price. In the past month, I have found a very clean Excalibur 21" Anniversary edition, https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/tls /6055237013.html Looks nice, but maybe overpriced. Been listed for 3 - 4 weeks.

A Jet, https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/tld/6035296110.html been listed for 3 - 4 weeks must be overpriced

and this Hegner. https://boise.craigslist.org/tls/6064008001.html
    I have one of these and I drool looking at this one. If I had the money to throw around I would go the 300 miles to look at it at least. I am trying to decide if it is really this nice or has it been repainted and cleaned up. Looks new condition. Better than the one I bought from Advance Machinery as a little used Demo. If I had the money I would get it and sell my Excalibur, well if I could. Scrolling does not seem to be a big thing in the NW.

There are also quite a few Hawks for sell from $300 - $600 but all I look at (on Craigslist are older, tension lever in the back). I don't think I'd like that. Not sure I never tried one.

Anyway, I certainly do not need another saw, I just like to look,,,, but I love my Hegner.... that sure is a nice looking one.... my wife would kill me,... course if it was a Bernina sewing machine, of which she has 2 already, well that would be different. It is a beautiful trip to Boise.... Shut up Paul.
    Last edited by Scrappile; 04-12-2017, 10:18 AM.
    AKA Paul from Washington State

To me the EX-21 is worth closer to $500. My general rule in buying used tools is 1/2 the retail price. If you really want it you could offer $500 and see where that goes. Now the Jet to me is suspect. Something does not smell right. That is the brand new saw that is sell for $900+. I t might be a scam.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

EX is too high, but that Jet is an excellent deal. I'm surprised it is still listed.
      "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

Okay I added the link to the Hegner in my original post, which I missed doing when I was rambling.
        Last edited by Scrappile; 04-12-2017, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Wow, for someone looking for a good deal on a Hegner with all the bells and whistles, this would be the one to buy. It looks to be if very good shape.
          Last edited by hotshot; 04-12-2017, 12:22 PM.
          "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

I would buy the Hegner if I was close.

Comment

My wife and I have a friend that has talked to me for a few years now about wanting to learn to do some wood working. I have always told her, come over, I will help her and she can learn on my tools. It hasn't happened yet. She loves my scroll saw work. She was suppose to stop "buy" tonight and talk to me about some wood she has for me.. I am waiting, I am ready, I am going to get her all excited about scrolling and the lessons I can give her and then talk her into buying my Excalibur at a "good" price,,, so I can go buy this Hegner.,,, That has been my plan, ah scheme, but she hasn't showed up..?! Maybe she knows me better than I think.....

Comment

She came,,,, It didn't work...

Comment

Well the Hegner is still for sale. So is the Excalibur. I'm not surprised in the North West high end scroll saws do not sell fast. I have communicated with the guy that has the Hegner. He purchased it at an Estate sale. It is a 1998 model. He claims it is in "like new" condition. Personally the age does not bother me. Hegner has changed very little over the years. I still am thinking about picking it up. Have a guy interested in my Excalibur. I'd like to buy it, My wife does not care and if the Excalibur deal does not work out I have 3 great saws.... What can my wife say, she has 4 sewing machines, one of which cost more than all my tools put together... Do you think I am crazy, is it worth $650 at 20 years old (I bet I can get him down to $600). It is 270 miles away, nice little trip.

Comment

Paul flash him some cash and maybe you can get it for $500.
                    Scott
                    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
                      Reply to Colwood wood burner Great support
                      by Sandy Oaks
                      Good to hear about great service and support
                      Today, 09:14 AM
                    • Rolf
                      Colwood wood burner Great support
                      by Rolf
                      I was using my older Colewood Super pro II yesterday and I could not control the temperature. As soon as I turned it on the tip went to the max. I opened it up to have a look.
                      Not much in the box a Transformer, a small circuit board with a few components. I decided to call the company and I believe...
                      Today, 08:27 AM
                    • Rolf
                      Reply to ?????? ??
                      by Rolf
                      It seems that new members don't present themselves in the new members section. If anyone spots a new member encourage them to introduce themselves in the new member section.

I will send Kaylee a note to see who is overseeing the forum.
                      Today, 08:06 AM
                    • Jim McDonald
                      Reply to ?????? ??
                      by Jim McDonald
                      As you know, we lost a ton of folks during the time the board was being redone and a lot of them ended up at the Village and have never looked back.
                      As far as updates to the software, I am with Scott on having no clue. I do wish some of the old timers would check in from time to time, even...
                      Yesterday, 07:43 PM
                    • NC Scroller
                      Reply to ?????? ??
                      by NC Scroller
                      I know Bob Duncan used to monitor and work on forum issues. No clue who is handling it now....
                      Yesterday, 05:37 PM
                    Working...
                    X