No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen the new Jet Scrollsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had my Jet spindle sande for several years and it has been heavily used. I wonder how difficult it would be to modify one of the spindles to make a longer one. If the sleeves are not available then it could be possible to put the Velcro type wrap on it like the sand flee uses. I may work on that if I ever find time, which is very elusive these days.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

or to somehow to adapt it to take one of the flex sanding sleeves like Judy Gale Roberts uses.

Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

The Ridgid spindle sander covers the sizes Jet skipped over so I ordered the Jet 1/2" spindles and the Ridgid rubber sleeves to get a better assortment of sizes. If I remember correctly I had to order 2 sets of the rubber sleeves since they were not long enough. I will see if I can find my receipts and post part numbers.
        Tim

If you need a tool and don't buy it, you will pay for it and not have it

Comment

Tim, any idea if the Rigid spindles will fit the Jet? I know the spindles are shorter, but if they have the same thread and direction of rotation, they are better than not having that size at all.
          Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm not sure on the spindles working Carole, I see the Ridgid on my local Craigslist might have to give it a new home and see.
            Tim

If you need a tool and don't buy it, you will pay for it and not have it

Comment

Let me know how it works out. I've long been frustrated by the big jump in sizes on the Jet, but the floor model is not an option.
              Carole

Comment

We're ever able to do a review of the net jet scroll saw, thx RJ
                Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

We've got one planned for the spring issue of Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts. I haven't spent a lot of time on it yet, but I'm intrigued by the system that Jet uses to help bottom feed without bending the blade... the bottom clamp rotates, and the blade slides down the slot in the table so you can move from fret to fret without bending the blade. This saw might convert me back to bottom feeding!

Bob
                  www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Off topic sorry!

The bench top Jet spindle sander. with these spindles "Five spindle sizes are included as standard equipment: 2", 1-1/2", 5/8", 1/2", and 1/4" . A larger 3" spindle is available as an accessory." The spindles are tapered at the threaded end. What other sizes would you want? And would the sleeves be available?
                    Bob you should use the Hawk and stop playing with these other silly saws. Let the shooting begin As I run for the bunker.
                    Last edited by Rolf; 08-02-2016, 07:39 AM.
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

The arm of the new Jet is spring loaded, so there's plenty of clearance for bottom feeding. The slot works pretty much as you'd expect--the blade is secured in the lower clamp first, using the built-in wrench. Then, it can be fed through the bottom of the piece if it's large or unwieldy, and the blade slid through the slot and into its holder, then secured and tensioned in one step with the upper cam mechanism. When the blade is in place in the lower holder, you can bottom feed in the usual manner, but the blade can be rotated outward while in the holder if that allows better access to the hole.
                      Carole

Comment

I just got my Jet set up this weekend and am loving it so far. like Carol said, there is plenty of room when bottom feeding - with the arm up there is around 10" of space between the table and the end of the upper arm. Top clamp has worked flawlessly so far. Have made a couple hundred cuts, and haven't had the blade slip once. I am getting better blade tension than I was ever able to get on my Dewalt that I had for almost 10 years.

Steve

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                          Reply to Hope everyone had a safe holiday.
                          by will8989
                          Sorry to hear that Scott. Bruce had it but I never did. And I try to isolate from Bruce whenever I can. ūü§™ We were even around our son and grandson right before they were diagnosed and nothing for us. I guess I overdid the shopping Carole. I tried to sign onto our bank tonight and it is ‚Äútemporarily...
                          Yesterday, 11:31 PM
                        • Jim McDonald
                          by Jim McDonald
                          My saw is in a severe state of depression due to alleged abandonment. We have been clearing Becky's office since her retirement. She one of the last two original occupants of that new building in 2001, so it has been a lot of trips to the recycling bin with student thesis files, convention papers and...
                          Yesterday, 07:07 PM
                        • Redlee
                          Hello all, new here.
                          by Redlee
                          New here and looking for some help and guidance on scroll work and saws.
                          I have a Hegner M25S and have recently made some upgrades and would like to improve the blade clamping. So looking for ideas and help.
                          Thanks
                          Yesterday, 05:54 PM
                        • Ralph123
                          Reply to Clock hardware Kits.
                          by Ralph123
                          I didn't get the message. What address did you send it to?
                          Yesterday, 02:05 PM
                        • meflick
                          by meflick
                          Whatever therapy works for you - is a good therapy. Glad your touch/retail therapy was beneficial for you Betty.

Scott, I am so sorry to ear that you and your wife have both had to fight through Covid. I hope this means that you are both on your way to healing, if a bit slowly....
                          Yesterday, 12:14 PM
                        Working...
                        X