Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: RBI vs Dewalt

Thanks guys, I'll give the RBI another chance.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

My shop is an old 2 bedroom rental house that I converted into a shop. It has wooden (walnut hardwoods) floors.
    I have 2 RBI saws and while they don't vibrate they do make more noise than they would on a concrete floor.
    There are places in my shop where the saw will dance all over the floor at top speed, and others where it stays perfectly still.
    So if you have wood floors, you might try moving the saw to different areas to see if that helps. And check your leg levelers like it was suggested.
    The RBI is an excellent saw, the best in my opinion, and it shouldn't be moving at all.
    I would also try Ol Freds idea about the paving stones too. If you get that RBI in a position where it isn't vibrating, and use it for a very short time, you will be doing your best to get it away from your friend.
    Good Luck

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I've had a RBI 'Hawk' for years and like it. My shop has a uneven wooden floor and the saw would vibrate bad. I put a 12' X 12' X1' concrete paving stone under each leg and haven't had a bit of vibration since.
    ol' fred

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Somethiings wrong, threre shouldn't be any vibration to speak of, that thing weighs like 80 pounds. Do you have the level adjusters on the legs set? Maybe there's a bad bearing someplace, or a bushing if its a 216.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic RBI vs Dewalt

RBI vs Dewalt

I own a Dewalt, but I am baby sitting an RBI that a friend never uses. I tried the RBI but found that it vibrates more than the dewalt, so I've stuck with the dewalt (which I really like). But for the money my mind tells me that I should like the RBI more. Maybe I just don't know how to set it up. Anyway, has anybody got any ideas, maybe I need to see a srink for not liking the RBI.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
    Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
    by Quartz43
    Perhaps, we could hear from Fox. Maybe they could try some things and see if it makes things better. Or, they can just keep doing the things the same way.
    Yesterday, 09:54 PM
  • markdavd
    by markdavd
    This is a case were the publisher can't win.

I personally like the patterns to be printed at the artist's intended size if at all possible. Let me decide to reduce or enlarge. If I don't have the equipment to make a copy at 100%, that's my problem not the publishers. We all have our own...
    Yesterday, 06:13 PM
  • keystonecop
    by keystonecop
    The original pattern was 7 1/2 x 13 1/4.. The book has no mention of resizing on all but one page. My guess the magazine and the book side of fox has no one who scrolls.. the last books have shown that. enlarged I had to use a #1 blade for many cuts. If I had just copied the pattern in its silver...
    Yesterday, 12:09 PM
  • will8989
    by will8989
    I think he is talking about the size of the patterns lately and extra steps needed to copy and resize them. It took me an hour to copy the fish from the latest issue with all the folding, cutting to match, tape, repeat. If it had been letter or legal size, I could have copied and resize with less hassle....
    Yesterday, 11:55 AM
  • millwab
    Reply to Peanuts #1
    by millwab
    IDK? I remember that Ben sold Pegas blades, but the label on this package just says "Ben's Blades, Ultra Thin Puzzle Blade". When Denny started selling Pegas blades I asked him and he told me Pegas doesn't sell a specific "puzzle" blade. The 2/0 might be their answer....
    Yesterday, 11:29 AM
Working...
X