RBI vs Dewalt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBI vs Dewalt

I own a Dewalt, but I am baby sitting an RBI that a friend never uses. I tried the RBI but found that it vibrates more than the dewalt, so I've stuck with the dewalt (which I really like). But for the money my mind tells me that I should like the RBI more. Maybe I just don't know how to set it up. Anyway, has anybody got any ideas, maybe I need to see a srink for not liking the RBI.

Re: RBI vs Dewalt

Somethiings wrong, threre shouldn't be any vibration to speak of, that thing weighs like 80 pounds. Do you have the level adjusters on the legs set? Maybe there's a bad bearing someplace, or a bushing if its a 216.

Comment

I've had a RBI 'Hawk' for years and like it. My shop has a uneven wooden floor and the saw would vibrate bad. I put a 12' X 12' X1' concrete paving stone under each leg and haven't had a bit of vibration since.
      ol' fred

Comment

My shop is an old 2 bedroom rental house that I converted into a shop. It has wooden (walnut hardwoods) floors.
        I have 2 RBI saws and while they don't vibrate they do make more noise than they would on a concrete floor.
        There are places in my shop where the saw will dance all over the floor at top speed, and others where it stays perfectly still.
        So if you have wood floors, you might try moving the saw to different areas to see if that helps. And check your leg levelers like it was suggested.
        The RBI is an excellent saw, the best in my opinion, and it shouldn't be moving at all.
        I would also try Ol Freds idea about the paving stones too. If you get that RBI in a position where it isn't vibrating, and use it for a very short time, you will be doing your best to get it away from your friend.
        Good Luck

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll give the RBI another chance.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X