X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: peach seed carving

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! > :'(

People have carved pits by hand without power tools for over a century.

Yes, they are hard. Yes, they are brittle. Yes, they require practice and patience.

Sharpen your tools, strengthen your resolve, put on your carving glove, and whittle on!

Good whittlin, Cliff
    Charles City, Iowa
    http://cliffordparker.tripod.com

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

David,
    Like FatEddy, said, they are not just hard *#@% hard! If you want to keep your fingers I would sugest you start with a Dremel tool you can pick up at any Lowe's or Homedepot for a reasonable price. You can use sanding drums, and stones that you would use for sharping things to shape the peach seed. It won't matter if they're fresh or dried they are still hard. Play with the Dremel and the different bits at different speeds until you get to know what ont will do.
    Jack D.

Leave a comment:

• Bandaid
    replied

There is an article on peach pit carving in the Nov.-Dec., 1995 issue of Chip Chats.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Whittling And Woodacarving by E.J. Tangermen has a section of carvings made from peach pits and even a couple made from plum and cherry pits. You can find it on Amazon. Make sure your knife is VERY sharp.

Good whittlin, Cliff
    Charles City, Iowa
    http://cliffordparker.tripod.com

Leave a comment:

• FatEddy
    replied

Your question piqued my interest so I payed my peach tree a visit and found a seed to try. They are really hard, don't know what you would carve them with, maybe riffler files. Then again, maybe a fresh one wouldn't be so hard, kind of like carving green wood. Good luck and be careful they are awful tiny.

Leave a comment:

• michael
    started a topic peach seed carving

peach seed carving

:I'm wanting to get started in carving of peach seeds. My grandpa did this. Anybody have any suggests where to start. I've seen books out there, somewhere.? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X