Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the chart. For a newbie like me who is still struggling with everything, that chart gives me a starting point on what blade to use.
    Joan
    Joan

Comment

Originally posted by BobD View Post
      Here's another table from Mike D.
      Hi Bob
      I was unable to open this attachment could you send it to me.
      [email protected]
      Thanks the ddaug
      Keep that saw a smokin and dont stop scrollin.

Comment

I get a "file damaged" message as well. Maybe it could be reposted?
        Thanks

Comment

Olson Saw Blades has reposted it on their site.

http://www.olsonsaw.net/lib/yhst-757...roll-chart.pdf
          www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Please don't give up on smaller blades. I have already cut 1-1/2" oak with a #2 blade. It takes time and practice but there is little or no sanding and you project is really beautiful. I am a new member to this site so I hope I have done this right LOL.
            Drexlerkid

Comment

Drexler ya dun good.
              "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
              Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Originally posted by BobD View Post
                Here's another table from Mike D.
                Could somebody please repost the chart the one here says corrupt file and wont open.

Rick
                Thank GOD for everything You Have, and HE will provide everything you need.

Member Of The Scrollsaw Association Of The World

www.rccraftworks.com

www.facebook.com/rccraftworks

Comment

Great idea making a chart like this. It gives you a good idea about which type and size of blade to use.
                  Aaron

Comment

Thanks for the chart. I have one somewhere in my files but another copy is always welcome. This one I will put on the wall.

george
                    A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                    George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Hey, Pete, that's a nice cutting, but, I noticed the frame too. That's a nice way to put the frame together. I like to do things different & I might do that on some of my portraits. I tried getting frames from Good Will, & was more work finishing them, than making my own. That really looks great. Thanks for showing it.
                      Perk
                      PERK

Comment

FD - Blades::

I just wanted to post this information on some blades that I just tried out. For those of you who haven't used FD blades or these particular blades, you're in for a treat. The Supperior Puzzle, the Jeweler & the Blade that Could are fantastic. They are like all the other FD blades, fantastic. I was amazed at how small the Jeweler was & how well it cut. I just used the Blade that Could(heavy duty) on 1 in. Oak & it was like cutting butter. Hope this will help anyone needing to know. Good Luck. Perk
                        PERK

Comment

Originally posted by ubgoofy2003 View Post
                          I just wanted to post this information on some blades that I just tried out. For those of you who haven't used FD blades or these particular blades, you're in for a treat. The Supperior Puzzle, the Jeweler & the Blade that Could are fantastic. They are like all the other FD blades, fantastic. I was amazed at how small the Jeweler was & how well it cut. I just used the Blade that Could(heavy duty) on 1 in. Oak & it was like cutting butter. Hope this will help anyone needing to know. Good Luck. Perk
                          I recently got the starter pack from mike`s workshop and they arrived in good time in a nice pack that also contained a chart with the blades description and all relevent info you need.

Comment

I have problems with the blades too they do seem to have a mind of there own ,I thought maybe I was doing something wrong I'll try using a different blade.

Comment

Spiral blades have their use The FD New spiral made this project much easier. It was the one and only Jeff Zaffino that I have ever done (or will do)Old and New - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Photo Gallery
                              Rolf
                              RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thank you for this chart. Excellent source material.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                  Reply to Construction Vehicles - Truck
                                  by will8989
                                  You noticed that RJ? 😁😁
                                  Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                                • will8989
                                  Reply to Help
                                  by will8989
                                  I’m going to deal with it tomorrow. As for a hammer. We buried my last uncle 2 weeks ago. He was 87 and a farmer and “handy man”. The one thing he was handy with was a hammer. Tractor, didn’t run. Hit it with a hammer. Window didn’t open. Where’s that hammer. We have pictures of him with...
                                  Yesterday, 10:29 PM
                                • wjbclocks1
                                  Reply to Thin fin plywood 1.5 mm (.059")
                                  by wjbclocks1
                                  What is the differance between Finish Birch ply wood and regular Birch plywood ?
                                  Yesterday, 06:01 PM
                                • NC Scroller
                                  Reply to Help
                                  by NC Scroller
                                  Like Woodtography said contact your printer company. You may have to install a special driver. Having working in the computer industry I know that software upgrades and technology changes sometimes makes hardware and even some programs obsolete. Seen it happen to hardware worth hundreds of thousands....
                                  Yesterday, 05:06 PM
                                • millwab
                                  Reply to House warming puzzle
                                  by millwab
                                  It also works well when you want to glue down a pattern. Attach the pattern to the contact paper, and when you’re done cutting just peal it off. No residue to clean up!
                                  Yesterday, 02:58 PM
                                Working...
                                X