DeWalt scroll saw vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeWalt scroll saw vibration

Can anyone help with vibration on my DeWalt? It has very few hours on it, but it is no longer under warrenty. The problem starts when the saw is running over half speed. At low speed the saw don't vibrate.

Re: DeWalt scroll saw vibration

I had the same problem with my RBI Hawk and the problem was a uneven floor. I solved the problem by putting concrete paving stones under the Table legs. The stones are 12' X12' X 1' thick and only cost a buck apiece at the local home center. If it don't work, you can always use them in the garden as stepping stones!  Good luck !  
                                           ol' fred

Comment

Re: DeWalt scroll saw vibration

Perchjerker;
      I just found this site so sorry for the late reply. I had a vibration problem with my DeWalt when I owned one and I found that by moving it to many different locations on my wood floor untill I found the best spot was the answer for me. My DeWalt is long gone now because it wore out and I am now using a different make.
      W.Y.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
        Reply to Planer and jointer opinions wanted
        by Rolf
        Betty is the feed belt centered? Do you hear it when the drum is spinning or when just the feed belt is on?
        I have had the sanding belt stretch, they do that over time, and there was enough hanging out to just kiss the table.
        Today, 03:30 PM
      • Bill Wilson
        Reply to Winter issue
        by Bill Wilson
        I got mine the other day. Also noticed a dearth of Christmas themed projects. I don't recall seeing much Christmas stuff in the Fall issue either. I look forward to new ornament ideas, but those were lacking this year.

I do understand some of the constraints in publishing a magazine these...
        Today, 02:49 PM
      • Bill Wilson
        by Bill Wilson
        Well, this topic can present a lot of opinions and options. First, if you are seriously considering helical cutting heads, would you take the next step and upgrade to a stationary, floor model planer? Perhaps even a used one. I don't know how much space you have and what your shop power options are,...
        Today, 02:13 PM
      • will8989
        by will8989
        Our super max has been making a noise that sounds like paper caught but we can’t pinpoint anything. Cleaned what we could, Bruce used dry lubricant, which sounds like an oxymoron to me, and still makes the noise. Started quietly now is louder. Any suggestions before we call for warranty work? I’m...
        Today, 01:57 PM
      • Don in Brooklin On
        Virtual Wood Show
        by Don in Brooklin On
        Due to Covid-19 all events in Ontario have been cancelled including the Wood Show in Toronto. It was a great event but this year it is going to go virtual.

They will have a number of seminars and the ability to tour vendor sites. Not sure how it all works. It will be FREE but you can pay...
        Today, 12:56 PM
      Working...
      X