Maximum Blade Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum Blade Size

I smoked the motor on my Delta 14' bandsaw. I use it for resawing to make lumber for my scrolling.
    Instead of replacing the motor with the 1hp original, I took my bandsaw to a repair place here in Huntsville and had a 2hp 230v motor installed. I don't have any trouble resawing boards now. I can resaw up to 12 1/4' without any problem.The saw eats the wood like it is butter. I should have done this a long time ago. I have been using 1/2' 3 and 4 tpi timberwolf blades. Very smooth cut. My question is: Will the 14' band saw run a 1' blade for resawing? I have never used more than a 3/4' blade before. I think that is the max recommended for the 1hp motor. With the 2hp motor are the wheels wide enough to run a 1' blade? Thanks for any help.
    James (Huntsville, TX.)

Re: Maximum Blade Size

James;
    I personally feel that if you use a 1' blade on a 14' saw, the extra pressure required for tensioning the blade will be too hard on the saw frame, wheels and bearings . I also don't beleive the  guides are big enough yo accept the extra width of a 1' blade on a 14' saw.
    For some excellent advice on this, you could contact Bandsaw Bob at R & D bandsaws. He is the distributot of the Tufftooth blades and they are my favorite. I only use 1/2' , 3tpi Tufftooth  Industrial silicon steel blades for re-sawing on my 14' saw.
    Here's the link for the guy with all the answers.
    http://www.tufftooth.com/W.Y.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
      Reply to My covid angel
      by Rolf
      Yes. Like Linda said you want it to appear that the angel is sitting on the cloud....
      Today, 07:47 AM
    • planeur
      Reply to My covid angel
      by planeur
      Rolf when you say taper from right to left, do you mean thinner near the body and thicker at the end of cloud as on the wing ?
      And on each cloud touching the body ?
      I had already sand some part , will show show soon!

Thanks

Yesterday, 09:22 PM
    • will8989
      Reply to Tough Decisions
      by will8989
      I did that with Creative Woodworks. But when Bruce's group had their monthly meetings and swaps, somehow or other the ones I didn't buy ended up here! I keep all my holiday ones separate. But I also look at other patterns and think how I can reuse it. But sometimes that is just too much for my brain...
      Yesterday, 12:27 PM
    • Don in Brooklin On
      Reply to Tough Decisions
      by Don in Brooklin On
      Since I refuse to subscribe till they do something about the patterns in the pull out. They even made the DVD tough to print patterns.

What I do is look at the index of the book on scrollsawer.com and if see something I might want to cut I go to Walmart and check out the book. If I like...
      Yesterday, 11:59 AM
    • Linda In Phoenix
      Reply to Tough Decisions
      by Linda In Phoenix
      Absolutely everyone here has made valid points. That's part of what I've liked about this group.....different view points and different ideas. And we respect the diversity. You people rock!
      Yesterday, 11:24 AM
    Working...
    X