Dewalt Knock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewalt Knock

I have tried the fix recommended by Dewalt to solve the knocking problem with my scrollsaw and it didn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this annoying noise?

Re: Dewalt Knock

Here is a site that can help you . Very detailed and lots of good stuff.http://www.scrollsaws.com/. Hope this helps.

Comment

Stewart;
      How old is your saw and how many hours (approx) use per week.
      I had a DeWalt for over 3 years and I did the recommended knocking fixes a few times and finally it wouldn't fix it anymore. The saw was totally wore out and was shaking and sounding like a threshing machine so I upgraded to an industrial quality saw .
      Don't get me wrong, DeWalt is a pretty good hobby quality saw but I had thousands of hours on mine and it simply wore out . When I replaced it, I made sure to get one that had a combination of  sealed ball bearings and oil cup construction on all points of  potential wear.
      I am just curious to know if yours is a high use saw like mine was. ???
      W.Y.

Comment

I have less than 200 hours on the machine.

Comment

Hhmmm.....
          That dosn't sound good. I know the knocking has been going on from the first DeWalts to the most recent ones in a large majority of them. I'm surprised DeWalt has not corrected that problem over the years.
          200 hours is almost a new saw regardless of the length of time you've owned it. I wish I could help but if the suggested 'fixes' don't help, I don't know what else to suggest except contact DeWalt and be very vocal about your dissatisfaction with the product. Who knows... they may send you a new one. It's happened before.
          The squeaky wheel is the one that gets the grease  :
          Good luck.
          W.Y.

Comment

I managed to fix mine about a year ago by grinding a little more clearance in the upper lid where the draw rod was hitting. This also allowed me to open the cutting clearance between the table and the upper clamp a little. Hasn't knocked since....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X