Dewalt Knock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewalt Knock

I have tried the fix recommended by Dewalt to solve the knocking problem with my scrollsaw and it didn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this annoying noise?

Re: Dewalt Knock

Here is a site that can help you . Very detailed and lots of good stuff.http://www.scrollsaws.com/. Hope this helps.

Comment

Stewart;
      How old is your saw and how many hours (approx) use per week.
      I had a DeWalt for over 3 years and I did the recommended knocking fixes a few times and finally it wouldn't fix it anymore. The saw was totally wore out and was shaking and sounding like a threshing machine so I upgraded to an industrial quality saw .
      Don't get me wrong, DeWalt is a pretty good hobby quality saw but I had thousands of hours on mine and it simply wore out . When I replaced it, I made sure to get one that had a combination of  sealed ball bearings and oil cup construction on all points of  potential wear.
      I am just curious to know if yours is a high use saw like mine was. ???
      W.Y.

Comment

I have less than 200 hours on the machine.

Comment

Hhmmm.....
          That dosn't sound good. I know the knocking has been going on from the first DeWalts to the most recent ones in a large majority of them. I'm surprised DeWalt has not corrected that problem over the years.
          200 hours is almost a new saw regardless of the length of time you've owned it. I wish I could help but if the suggested 'fixes' don't help, I don't know what else to suggest except contact DeWalt and be very vocal about your dissatisfaction with the product. Who knows... they may send you a new one. It's happened before.
          The squeaky wheel is the one that gets the grease  :
          Good luck.
          W.Y.

Comment

I managed to fix mine about a year ago by grinding a little more clearance in the upper lid where the draw rod was hitting. This also allowed me to open the cutting clearance between the table and the upper clamp a little. Hasn't knocked since....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
              Reply to Tough Decisions
              by Rolf
              SSWWC and the older CWWC magazines were and are still a great source of for my Christmas ornaments. I can't count the times we have gone through the issues an said "how did we miss this one". I agree I was disappointed with the lack of Christmas and holiday patterns in last years Winter edition....
              Today, 08:35 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to My covid angel
              by Rolf
              Yes. Like Linda said you want it to appear that the angel is sitting on the cloud....
              Today, 07:47 AM
            • planeur
              Reply to My covid angel
              by planeur
              Rolf when you say taper from right to left, do you mean thinner near the body and thicker at the end of cloud as on the wing ?
              And on each cloud touching the body ?
              I had already sand some part , will show show soon!

Thanks

Yesterday, 09:22 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Tough Decisions
              by will8989
              I did that with Creative Woodworks. But when Bruce's group had their monthly meetings and swaps, somehow or other the ones I didn't buy ended up here! I keep all my holiday ones separate. But I also look at other patterns and think how I can reuse it. But sometimes that is just too much for my brain...
              Yesterday, 12:27 PM
            • Don in Brooklin On
              Reply to Tough Decisions
              by Don in Brooklin On
              Since I refuse to subscribe till they do something about the patterns in the pull out. They even made the DVD tough to print patterns.

What I do is look at the index of the book on scrollsawer.com and if see something I might want to cut I go to Walmart and check out the book. If I like...
              Yesterday, 11:59 AM
            Working...
            X