Gotta Brag!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta Brag!

So....my mom and I both are getting into scroll sawing and we have been researching/looking at saws for a couple months....been checking out ebay and the ads on craigslist....well last night at 9 p.m. she calls me....a guy posted a brand new Hawk 220VS for $100.00!!!! I called him and was at his house in 20min!!!! I almost passed out....its in MINT condition! Gave him a $100 bill loaded it up and got the heck out of dodge....I almost feel like I robbed him!! He said his grandpa bought it and gave it to him and he never used it! WOW what a find! THANK YOU CRAIGSLIST!

Anyways just wanted to share that with you guys....

Also a little bit of advice....don't know how many of you check out your local craigslist....but if you are patient and check it daily you are more then likely to find whatever it is you are looking for tool wise at a fraction of the price....granted you don't get the warranty when you buy used...but sometimes you find a jewel you cant live without. Also just as a piece of advice a secondary site to craigslist is listpic.com it pulls up all the pictures listed on craigslist in each category so you don't have to click on each individual posting...saves a TON of time if you are like me and want to look at each item in the tool section!!

Have a great Sunday! Happy Scrolling!
    Scrollin' with a Hawk 220VS

Rock N' Scroll

Just goes to show you, some folks haven't a clue!!

I'd give ya the gloat but....no pix!!

John

Comment

Sounds like an excellent deal you got there. Thanks for posting that listpic.com site BTW - hadn't seen that ...
      Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

What a sweet deal! or is that steal?!...... Now get ya some blades and start making the saw dust fly!!!
        Thanks from me too about listpic.com, didn't know that.
        Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Congrats!! A couple weeks ago I picked up a Craftsman router crafter for a steal of a deal on CL . I do watch it daily! Dale
          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Since you feel like you robbed him, (which you did), I'll help you get over your guilt.....send the saw to me and I'll give the $100.00.
            Meanwhile, I'm off to craigslist!

Found a barely used Shopsmith for $200.00!
            Wish I had more room in the garage or hadn't bought that kitchen set.
            Last edited by Woodbutcher68; 03-26-2007, 05:09 PM.
            Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

HAHAHAH....If I run across another one for that price you will be the first one I let know! But I think I will hang on to this one for now....here are some pics! I still think this might be a dream! HAHAH
              Attached Files
              Last edited by ScrollIt; 03-27-2007, 04:32 PM.
              Scrollin' with a Hawk 220VS

Rock N' Scroll

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X