What blades to use??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What blades to use??

When I got my new saw yesterday, I bought a few pkgs of #5 Olson blades to get me started. I will need to order more blades, but don't have a clue as to which brands, sizes, or types I should get. I realize this is a pretty broad question, but can anyone shed some light on this for me??
    Bob

We've got a similar thread started here:
    http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/gen...-saw/10042.htm

Rather than repeating myself <GRIN>

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

yea, you can buy whatever brand you want, but the size is determined more by whatever it is you'll be cutting. A #5 would be considered more of an intarsia type blade...better suited for cutting thicker woods...but if your making fretwork and you're stack cutting it, then a #5 would be good for that too. Personally, I think you can cut anything but a puzzle with a #5, but most people prefer much smaller blades for intricate fretwork, and I prefer to use a bigger blade for intarsia or fretwork. That's still a good choice for starting out, it's pretty much in the middle...I always figure start out in the middle and go from there...I do the same thing with electronics...I just turn all the knobs that I don't understand to the middle!
      Jeff Powell

Comment

Old Forester, check your Private Messages.
        Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Originally posted by workin for wood
          Personally, I think you can cut anything but a puzzle with a #5,
          That depends on what type of puzzle you're cutting. A #5 is perfect for kid's puzzles cut out of 3/4" stock.
          Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
          www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Good point Mike! But don't try and cut one of Carters stamp puzzles with one!
            Jeff Powell

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• evilbadger
              Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
              by evilbadger
              Yes I'm still using the one I built I did some upgrades to it though. I swapped out the pipes for linear motion rails and made the gantry out of aluminum. I guess if I were to upgrade now I would be looking for a full size machine that could do 4x8 sheets of plywood with an automatic tool changer but...
              Today, 09:28 PM
            • vgraf
              Reply to Old Tool - Reborn
              by vgraf
              Looks great!
              Today, 08:15 PM
            • tgiro01
              Old Tool - Reborn
              by tgiro01
              With all these new tool stories, I was working on and old one. About 9 years ago, I built a router table. Then, before it was finished, I had to start using it. And I have used it over the years. A couple of months ago, While I was contemplating cleaning, I looked at the machine and decided to finish...
              Today, 03:24 PM
            • Rolf
              Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
              by Rolf
              I do remember that 2011 Wow, you were gutsy building that then, CNC was just coming into the home environment. Are you still using the one you built?
              Today, 10:23 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
              by Rolf
              Jim that is why there are now CD's available for past issues. To me a copier/scanner and printer are a necessary part of my tool inventory. JMO...
              Today, 10:19 AM
            Working...
            X