could i use these blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could i use these blades

just looking around the internet and i came upon some blades used on a veneers site, using pinless blades from a handheld piercing and fret saws.
    Personally i cant see why not, but you lot are the experts.
    many thanks
    http://www.cabincraft.co.uk

ADMIN ACTION: I moved this thread to the "Tools and Blades" forum because it fit in better there.

Hi Steve,
    It really depends on how long the blades are; Hand fretsaws are usually designed to use the same pinless blades a scroll saw uses, but there are some exceptions. Most standard scroll saw blades are somewhere around 5-inches long...so as long as they are close to that, you should be able to use them.

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

sorry bob, should have thought about where to post first.
      Thanks for the reply, i will measure them. Just in case they are too long, can i cut them down??
      http://www.cabincraft.co.uk

Comment

In most cases you can cut them down; but I'd try them in the saw first...you may be able to get away with using them as is. The only word of caution I have is that you may need to adjust the position of them in the blade holders to take advantage of any reverse teeth on the bottom...

Bob
        www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I have found some jewelers blades can be quite brittle and will snap easier than a wood blade, this might be due to the tempering I am not sure.
          I know I had to be extremely vigil when cutting with them.
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X