Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cast Iron or Aluminium Table?

Keep on scrolling

Aluminum ...no rust, but scratches easier, but repairable...I prefer aluminum
    Multi speed a must
    hold down, no need
    quick blade...iffy...I don't need one for intarsia..but maybe for frets.
    yes, get a stand...it's faster than making one and often cheaper too, unless you want a stand made of 2x4's or something ugly. You can always modify their stand to include weights or a shelf or drawers if you want.
    I'd recommend wheels too, but only if you can afford them...otherwise, not a big deal to drag the saw around.
    Jeff Powell

Comment

Jeff is right,
      Multi speed, No hold down (gets in the way) Aluminium (as you Brits say)
      buy the stand, and the quick change blade clamps now or you will be changing them later.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I'm with Jeff, I have a cast iron top and while it's not a big deal to keep it maintained it would be nice to not have to. Multi speed is a must, the first thing I did when I got my saw was to remove the hold down. And I paid the extra to get the stand. And my DeWalt has a quick release for fast and easy blade change, I can't imagine scrolling any other way.
        Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Cast iron is heavier than aluminium, and therefore does more to damp vibration. I would guess that is why Hegner offer it. Whether it makes much difference on such a well made saw is another matter. The difference in weight is 21kg vs 25kg. If it was me I would save the money and buy a Hegner stand. You're looking at the Multicut 2SV, right?

Chris
          "If you march your Winter Journeys you will have your reward, so long as all you want is a penguin's egg."

Saws: AWSF18, Meccano Mk II

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X