Please tell me your thoughts on a RBI Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please tell me your thoughts on a RBI Hawk

I have the chance to purchase a 5 year old Hawk for $325 (legs, light, magnifer, blades, etc). From what I have read it is a fine machine (I do not know what particular model this Hawk is) but my question is what is different about a $100 Ryobi and this Hawk.

Please tell me your thoughts on RBI.

You could dig through some past threads about the Hawk saws if you want to hear all the good things that have been said. I know I love mine!
    Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by Rivari
      You could dig through some past threads about the Hawk saws if you want to hear all the good things that have been said. I know I love mine!
      Thanks Rivari! I have searched some threads here but can't really find out anything as to why they are so good. Should I believe all their information on their website?

Comment

If it is on their web-site you can take that information to the bank. Myself I have a G4 and it is a quiet, little to no vibration machine that cuts like a champ. Alot of manufacturers produce good saws but my experience with RBI customer service is what puts them over the top, no hassles no BS, they take care of their customers.

Todd
        Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

I also have the Hawk G4 and agree with all that Todd has said.
          Plus Easy top and bottom feeding, simple blade tensioning, smooth, powerful, plenty of room under the upper arm, 26 inch throat,
          I have easily cut 2" material to 1/16 with no or minimal effort.
          And a Company that STANDS BEHIND Their product.
          All of us develop a devotion to our machines and every one of our machines is the best. I have used a large variety of high and low end machines and for My Style of cutting the Hawk is the best.
          In the search put in Hawk G4 for more testimonials
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by trodery
            I have the chance to purchase a 5 year old Hawk for $325 (legs, light, magnifer, blades, etc). From what I have read it is a fine machine (I do not know what particular model this Hawk is) but my question is what is different about a $100 Ryobi and this Hawk.

Please tell me your thoughts on RBI.
            Let me put it this way, if you don' buy it, let me know where it is, I might be able to come up with the cash, I could use two of them, my son and I can't be cutting on ours at the same time.

-Jon

Comment

You can't beat their customer service...and I think customer service is as important or more that the tool itself. From what I keep hearing about dewalt's service department, it's like comparing a Lamborgini to a Chevette.
              Jeff Powell

Comment

I was pretty much sold on it already but I just wanted to check with a few of you folks first. Before last week I had never even heard of RBI but after reasearching I think I will make the deal.

The only bad thing about the deal is that I'll end of driving about 700 miles roundtrip to get it. Oh well, I still think it's a goo deal.

Comment

Good luck with getting the saw trodery and welcome to the forum.
                  kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Well, I picked up the saw Saturday, it turned out to be a Model 226. The saw came with the magifying light, foot control pedal, a couple hundred blades of various sizes, blade tubes, a few extra "Ultra" blade holders and a dust cover...it looked practically brad new! Not a bad deal for $325 huh?

Comment

Well!! where is your first project?
                      It sounds like a great deal. I hope it cuts as good as it looks.
                      Why did they sell it?
                      Rolf
                      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf
                        Well!! where is your first project?
                        It sounds like a great deal. I hope it cuts as good as it looks.
                        Why did they sell it?
                        LOL... I'll have to find some time to do the first project
                        She cuts real nice and smooth, I'm really impressed.

They said they sold it because they were not using it and hadn't used it in a few years.

Comment

Experience with an rbiHawk saw

trodery, my personal experience w/the rbiHawk is a very, very good one. The machine is easy to use, although you will probably want to buy about half a dozen of the drum-style lower blade holders. I found having several fitted with the blade I was using saved a great deal of time if a blade broke. I could just pop a new one in and keep going. I don't have years of experience doing the minute fretwork I see at most craft shows, I used mine mostly for kid's toys and puzzles and for making Christmas ornaments, etc. I had a 20-inch Hawk that was stolen from me and am looking for another to replace it. It's a great saw.

Comment

You got a major steal there trodery. I have the same saw and I love it! I paid twice what you did and it was still worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by littleblackcat View Post
                              trodery, my personal experience w/the rbiHawk is a very, very good one. The machine is easy to use, although you will probably want to buy about half a dozen of the drum-style lower blade holders. I found having several fitted with the blade I was using saved a great deal of time if a blade broke. I could just pop a new one in and keep going. I don't have years of experience doing the minute fretwork I see at most craft shows, I used mine mostly for kid's toys and puzzles and for making Christmas ornaments, etc. I had a 20-inch Hawk that was stolen from me and am looking for another to replace it. It's a great saw.
                              Check Craig's List for San Antonio Texas - there was an ad there for some RBI Hawks 20's - small company ended up with several machine all virtually unused - I got one and it is very good!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X