No Saw Yet!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Saw Yet!!!!!!!!!!

I Have The Easy Lift And The Foot Switch And Some Fd Blades But No Saw!!!!!!! I Order A Dewalt 788 3 Weeks Ago At Home Depot And Was Told 7 Days Delivery.... Got The Call That Friday The Company Will Not Get It Till The Frist Week In April And Home Depot Will Not See It Till The Middle Of April.... Just My Luck....

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry to hear that. Dale
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

I know that feeling. So sorry.
      Diane
      Dragon
      Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
      Owner of a Dewalt 788
      PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Hang in there!! If nothing else we're here for you!
        Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

We could all send you pictures of us using OUR saws if that will make you feel better. lo
          Check me out on the web:
          http://www.kerrysworld.com

Comment

I personally wouldn't wait that long. I'd cancel the order and get one from Amazon.com
            Check me out on the web:
            http://www.kerrysworld.com

Comment

Originally posted by kerry_nf
              I personally wouldn't wait that long. I'd cancel the order and get one from Amazon.com
              I have to agree. I have found that Home Depot online customer service stinks. I bought a belt sander online and after a couple weeks I had a problem. They have a 30 day return policy. But man, what a pain in the neck. It took them over a month to pick it up and another month before I got a refund. It worked out in the end, but never again. They seem to think nobody is ever in a hurry.
              Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
              www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

If it were a Hawk you had ordered you would be knee deep in sawdust by now, dang sorry to rub salt in a wound.

Have faith your saw will arrive, until then use your foot pedal wisely and watch the Kobolt 500 NASCAR race today and make motor noises with your lips.
                Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Is this Dewalt's Month of Horrors or something? It seems that just about every problem you could have with a 788, someone's having this month...

Chris
                  "If you march your Winter Journeys you will have your reward, so long as all you want is a penguin's egg."

Saws: AWSF18, Meccano Mk II

Comment

I'd cancel the order and go to Lowe's. I ordered mine through them. They told me 10 days until they got the order in, but it only took them 3 to get it and call me. They even matched the price I saw for the saw at another store, plus 10% off.

Whatever you do, I hope you get a saw soon!
                    Mia

We are the music makers.
                    We are the dreamers of dreams.

Easy scrollin' with a DW788

Comment

I'm still waiting for my replacement 788 to get in to Rockler. (The first one vibrated like crazy.)

I was considering buying a Ridgid router from Home Depot, but maybe I should re-think that!

<heavy sigh>
                      Kevin

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr. Seuss

NEW DeWalt 788 and that old, Jimmy- Jerry- and Kevin-rigged Delta 40-560

Comment

Man if I had a penny for every gripe I hear about Dewalt and that 788 I would be able to afford...ah....Dewalt 788! You pay for a product but your also paying for quality support, Dewalt makes a nice product but the support as it appears is lacking greatly. So many good saws out there, I'd rather have a middle rung saw with good support than an alledged good saw with poor support. Just my take, Dewalt owners you may now throw fruit at me.
                        Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Comment

Throw fruit???????? Are you crazy??? I'll throw thousands of used up blades that Ive used up on my banana colored saws!!
                          It is true that there is always the bad reports about any tool, and you never really hear about all the good ones.Its like that in everything, from cars to candy bars.
                          I will agree that the service we keep hearing about sucks, and is unacceptable.I dont know if maybe the poor service thing is just on the ones we hear about and theres many good service calls that go unmentioned or not, but either way,they better get on top of it.I have been pretty lucky with my yella saws, I had a "dust in switch " headache a few years ago, but nothing else. Dale
                          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Dale, just stating what I have heard too many times over by Dewalt owners. Them yellow things do some god work with good hands behind them but customer service should be at the top of the list when choosing a saw. Heck, those folks at Dremel treated me **** good when I had problem with that old beast.

Quality machines with quality service support cost a few extra bucks but in the end it is worth it.
                            Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Comment

I understand what you are saying Rivari, my experience with DeWalt Service was a tad frustrating to say the least.

I do have to admit though, that getting TWO NEW SAWS to replace my busted one and the three months of waiting wasn't a bad resolution to the problem.....
                              ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                                Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by will8989
                                Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                                Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by will8989
                                Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                                Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by will8989
                                He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                                Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Sundays market
                                by will8989
                                We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                                Yesterday, 08:56 PM
                              Working...
                              X