I got a new toy today too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a new toy today too

No longer will I be concerned with the size of the project I have to drill. I picked up the little toy today.
    Attached Files
    Kevin
    Scrollsaw Patterns Online
    Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Kevin, does this mean patterns with more holes? I have a craftsman 15" 12 speed that I have had for several years and would be lost without it now. A press is a very nice addition to your tools. Glad you got it. Steve
    If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
    My Gallery
    [email protected]

Comment

Steve,
      It means I can use my drill press on patterns up to 34" wide. I've had a regular drill press for years, but this one has a 34" swing (radial press).
      I already have the pattern in mind that will be close to that big (probably about 18 X 24).
      Kevin

Comment

Kevin, I can't wait to see that beast. Keep us posted. Steve
        If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
        My Gallery
        [email protected]

Comment

Who made it Kevin? Is it from the Grizzly Catalog?
          Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Sweet score Jedi!

And an 18x24 project...............that ain't big......
            Last edited by bearfretworks; 03-18-2007, 01:31 AM.
            ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Bill,
              It's a Rikon. I bought it at my local woodcraft.

Funny part of the story. My wife gave me a $50 gift card to woodcraft for my birthday as I told he I wanted a set of "board buddies" for my table saw. We went for lunch near the store so she came with me and decided to wait in the van while I went in to get them. The look on her face was priceless when I came out with the board buddies AND all 150 lbs. of this box. Hehehehe (guess I forgot to mention to her that I was also buying this).
              Kevin

Comment

I'm SO jealous!! I missed a chance at a radial drill press and have kicked myself for over a year now for not taking advantage of the opportunity. You're gonna get some good use out of it Kev!!

Andy
                Shoot for the moon. If you miss you'll be headed for a star! www.80artdesigns.com

Comment

very nice grab Kevin. having a drill press like that also means stack cutting will be so much easier, I wish I had the room for a standup drill press but alas
                  Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

You will love it Kevin. I own a drill press and would not live without that gadget.
                    Diane
                    Dragon
                    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                    Owner of a Dewalt 788
                    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Nice buy Kevin, i've only got a bench top drill but i'd be lost without it.
                      kevin/pitbull.

Comment

I love my drill press, but my arm gets tired after the 100th or so fretwork hole. I like to try and do all the holes before I start the cutting. Call me anal. I like to finish one phase before moving on to the next. Of course, there are always holes I miss, so I don't take the bit out until I've got the entire piece of work cut out.

Comment

Kevin as Barry has stated before, it doesn't really exist without some bragging photos. Share the new toy with some visuals!! I want to see this new toy.
                          Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

How much was it anyhow? I've bumped one of those up the list for tools I need to have. I have a mini drill press, but it only can drill 2 inches deep and I need to drill 2 1/2 deep most of the time..so I have to clamp, drill, raise wood, re-clamp and drill. Plus, mine just doesn't have the power to hog out with a 2" forestner bit.
                            Jeff Powell

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• markdavd
                              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                              by markdavd
                              I've been using the bags from Amazon and a heat gun my wife bought when she was a preschool teacher. Unless you are wrapping of small parts, you don't need a sealer. Just fold it over and hold it with a small piece of scotch tape on the back. After you shrink it it's sealed enough to keep everything...
                              Today, 09:45 AM
                            • NC Scroller
                              by NC Scroller
                              My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                              Today, 07:42 AM
                            • will8989
                              by will8989
                              None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                              Today, 12:20 AM
                            • Linda In Phoenix
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                              The bags seem easier on the surface.
                              But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                              Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                              by will8989
                              Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                              Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                            Working...
                            X