I robbed a woodshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I robbed a woodshop

Well I didn't really rob it but I sure got a heck of a deal. A fella in anchorage was unloading his entire woodshop and I scored a Delta 12" lathe (36" center),a boat load of sandpaper (CASES OF IT), jigs, and a custom made bench that is absolutely awesome...all for $410.00. Man I am jazzed as I have been searaching craigslist for a lather for sometime now. I also scored an Badger airbrush compresser for a whopping $5. He had so much stuff but I was quickly running out of dollars. Here are some "proof/bragging" pics, now I just need some lathe tools.
    Attached Files
    Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Todd, you came out smellin like a rose there. Great Find. Steve
    If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
    My Gallery
    [email protected]

Comment

That is wonderful Todd. Now you have to put it to use.
      Diane
      Dragon
      Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
      Owner of a Dewalt 788
      PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

SCORE! New toys and at a bargin price, ya can't beat it!
        Oh yeah Todd, I think I see some dirt on your shop floor,
        Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Wow, that bench is excellent. I keep debating with myself about buying a lathe, some day maybe. Nice score Todd.
          Kevin
          Scrollsaw Patterns Online
          Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

good find....

looks like we'll be seeing more pens....

that's it....you just had to get the scroll saw in the picture too....that G-4 sure would look good in my shop...it's a good thing I don't have room for a lathe...

Trout
            Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
            Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Originally posted by Trout
              looks like we'll be seeing more pens....

that's it....you just had to get the scroll saw in the picture too....that G-4 sure would look good in my shop...it's a good thing I don't have room for a lathe...

Trout
              Now Trout, if you take the prop off the motor on the boat and attach another end you will have a lathe, Hillbilly Style, hehe... Steve
              If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
              My Gallery
              [email protected]

Comment

I don't know how you keep the books dust free on the shelf next to that G4!!
                Is that a planer on the right side? Looks like a nice one. That will be my next purchase when I find a bargain and after I've paid off the DeWalt.
                Diane
                Dragon
                Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                Owner of a Dewalt 788
                PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Okay, okay, okay, yes I keep a clean shop I suffer from OCD compounded by ADHD which means I am obsessive about cleaning but I forget where I put things after I clean...lol. I do have help with the shop cleaning, my little people get in there and go nuts with a shop vac.
                  Trout I did shoot from that angle just to make those non-Hawk owners drool a wee bit.

Dragon them books are dust free because I use them, I have another good book that is dust free but I won't mention the name of it as it may create some angst.

Yeah I'm tickled senseless and can't wait to making some larger forms of sawsdust. The guy I bought this from was a really neat old duffer, I would have been blessed more if I could ave borrowed his wisdon for a week or two, he had an incredible shop and the projects he had laying around were unreal.
                  Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Now that is a G L O A T !!!!!

Harbor Freight has a cheap, but decent set of starter spindle tools for about $35. Don't be fooled by their $15 set..... Benjamin's Best bowl gouges are decent for a starter as well - you "need" a 3/8 or 1/2". Also, pick up a 1" round nosed scraper. Oh, and you now need a slow speed grinder to sharpen them, if you don't already have one.......

Man, that is great. Anchorage School Disctrict has "Spring Break" next week, I'm off Monday - Thursday..........hint, hint.....hint......could bring sharpened lathe chisels and a 7 y.o.........

Excellent Todd!!!! In no time you'll be making stuff like these.....

And I bet I have a dog eared, dust free copy of that book too!
                    Last edited by bearfretworks; 03-18-2007, 01:17 AM.
                    ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Originally posted by Rivari
                      \yes I keep a clean shop I suffer from OCD compounded by ADHD which means I am obsessive about cleaning but I forget where I put things after I clean...lol.
                      ROTFL Todd.

Sounds like you got a great dea there - enjoy..:-)
                      Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Todd I am supremly jealous that wooden work bench is beautiful, you scored a major biggie there my good friend
                        Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

That is was great find Todd, that should keep you busy for awhile.

Bob
                          Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Great news Todd, i'm very pleased for you.
                            kevin/pitbull.

Comment

You must have a great relationship with the local police. Otherwise you would currently be charge with "Grand Theft Workshop."

Great photos!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                                Today, 10:01 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by will8989
                                Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                                Today, 09:53 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by will8989
                                Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                                Today, 09:49 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by will8989
                                He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                                Today, 09:32 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Sundays market
                                by will8989
                                We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                                Today, 08:56 PM
                              Working...
                              X