• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pencil Carving

Check this out: http://www.infofreako.com/jad/pencil/0list-e.html

Re: Pencil Carving

Captain,
    I tried that website but it said it could not be displayed could you check it out and let me know? Thanks
    Colin

Comment

I tried to edit this link right after I posted it but could not get onto this board. I did finally manage to get it fixed so try it again. Personally, I think anyone can carve a wooden pencil. If this guy had any ambition, he would try carving mechanical pencils! LOL!

Comment

Kewl sit Capt'. Thanks. I believe we can say, they had lots of time on their hands.
        Safety first, then enjoy carving! Ken Caney, Ks

Comment

Amazing stuff Capt.!!!!!!
          Take care,&&Butch &&&&I know there's a carving somewhere in all that extra wood!

Comment

Wildly amazing, really. Thanks for showing us. I wonder what makes a person decide spend so much time and creativity to carve pencils, of all things.

Teri
            "Santas for the Soul" &&Original Carvings by Teri Embrey&&http://www.teriembrey.com&&[email protected]

Comment

Same thing that makes them carve toothpicks; yikes, what patience that takes. Just got back from the model engineering show in southgate, Mich. Theyu have some tiny steam engines, less that a quarter inch square that are fully functional. Same guys that carvwe pencils, I think, but what skill is needed!

Al

Comment

Heck, I've got the patience, I just wonder where they get their glasses, sure could use better ones when I'm doing detail work. I constantly find myself holding my work right up to my face and looking out underneath my glasses at it! :-/ Callynne
                http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4055528

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• handibunny
                  Reply to Having a Betty week
                  by handibunny
                  Sorry to hear of your refrigerator troubles, but glad that Jane is doing well. Hope her recovery continues in that direction. Please send her our regards!
                  Today, 03:11 PM
                • Bill Wilson
                  Reply to And now for the questions
                  by Bill Wilson
                  Improvisation is certainly acceptable, but some patterns are less forgiving than others. As someone else already said, learn to follow the lines as closely as possible. If you wander from the pattern lines, it is usually best if it is intentional. It takes some time and practice, so don't get too...
                  Today, 01:00 PM
                • markdavd
                  Reply to And now for the questions
                  by markdavd
                  The lines matter if you are making a multi-layer project if you need things to line up, otherwise it's artist's interpretation.
                  Today, 11:24 AM
                • RJweb
                  Reply to Having a Betty week
                  by RJweb
                  Good luck for your wife and hope she is feeling better, that sucks on the refrigerator, RJ...
                  Today, 11:03 AM
                • RJweb
                  Reply to How to start the day
                  by RJweb
                  Good to hear, supporting the local business, we had our roof replaced back in September they had 11 (9 guys 2 girls ). Down here they only do 1 layer, so they removed old and replace any bad roof plywood, they did a great job, RJ...
                  Today, 10:58 AM
                Working...
                X