newest acquisition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newest acquisition

went down to Harbor Freight this afternoon for a new aircompressor and found they had all thier miter saws on sale was going to spend 60 bucks on the compressor but instead walked out eith a 10" sliding 1 3/4 horse
    power compound miter saw for 106 dollars tax included it came with a spare blade extra brushes sawdust bag and table extenders, now to open my book on how to make frames
    Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

You mean you didn't buy the compressor too? Sounds like a good price on that saw, Daryl.
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Originally posted by PuzzledMoose
      You mean you didn't buy the compressor too? Sounds like a good price on that saw, Daryl.
      what and explain why I had to buy both to the wife lol noway Ian this is going to be hard enough heeheheheh lol I want to live to use it
      Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Daryl, you're going to like the HF slider. I got mine about 5 yrs ago and have cut everything from basswood to 8/4 maple and ash with it. It's a good saw for the money. The only thing I did was to get a new, better blade...but I waited until the original wore out.

Good score, and good luck with it.

John

Comment

An extremely handy tool to own Daryl. You're going to love it.
          Kevin
          Scrollsaw Patterns Online
          Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Now i'm green with envy Daryl, but congratulations on your new toy.
            kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MidMich324
              Reply to hegner 2"
              by MidMich324
              Just Wondering...

Is the table size on the 22" hegner saw as on the 18" hegner saw?

With the 22" inch one you get 4 more inches of depth of cut but do you also get a few more inches of table?
              Yesterday, 09:30 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Spring Issue
              by will8989
              I had to fool around with copying and taping a pattern again today. This wasn’t as bad as the fish, but still a pain. I use rapid resizer. Scan a pattern, put in size I want and it prints it out. If more than one page, it numbers each page at the top and I tape them together. Had the fish pattern...
              Yesterday, 09:28 PM
            • millwab
              Reply to Peanuts #1
              by millwab
              Rolf, I cover it with clear contact paper (comes off clean without leaving a residue) and draw a grid for the direction I want to cut (ie horizontal or diagonal) to keep the rows even. The rest is all freehand....
              Yesterday, 02:51 PM
            • Don in Brooklin On
              Reply to Spring Issue
              by Don in Brooklin On
              Rolf

I use acrobat reader. The poster feature will enlarge and if it goes to multiple pages it will put in cut marks. Even if the page is over letter size it will spread to multiple pages at 100%.

If it is in PDF form you can open with Inkscape or GIMP and select what you...
              Yesterday, 01:48 PM
            • theframer
              Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
              by theframer
              Hi Linda, great find...I think.

Please keep us up to date with any information you receive. I would really like to get into this, but my computer skills are almost nonexistent, I need something that a 74 year old air head 🙄 can figure out. Thanks for sharing.

Rick
              Yesterday, 12:05 PM
            Working...
            X