Worlds Easiest Circle Jig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worlds Easiest Circle Jig

I'm working on my Thien Baffle #2 and needed some discs, but wanted to get a little more accuracy that the freehand discs I cut last time on the bandsaw.

I have seen other more elaborate router circle jigs out there, but just clamping a board with a screw to the side of the router table, now that matched my energy level at the moment. Using the side of the table, I could just move the board down the side, adjusting the width. If I needed to tweak the circle smaller, I just tap on on edge with a hammer. I did that subtle adjustment countless times as I eased in on a perfect tight fit. I think it worked great.

My plan B was to remove the router from the table (which is a pain), and attach that to a long board with a nail/screw in one end.

-----------Randy

I used a screw because it was handy. Next time, I'll dig out a big nail.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hotshot; 06-04-2015, 11:02 PM.
    "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

I like simple!

Comment

my first thought when I saw this were that you need to add a magnet to the board so that it would stay put while you add the clamps

Comment

I also like simple and clever
        It's never hot or cold in NH, it's always seasonal!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
          Reply to Hope everyone had a safe holiday.
          by will8989
          Sorry to hear that Scott. Bruce had it but I never did. And I try to isolate from Bruce whenever I can. ūü§™ We were even around our son and grandson right before they were diagnosed and nothing for us. I guess I overdid the shopping Carole. I tried to sign onto our bank tonight and it is ‚Äútemporarily...
          Yesterday, 11:31 PM
        • Jim McDonald
          by Jim McDonald
          My saw is in a severe state of depression due to alleged abandonment. We have been clearing Becky's office since her retirement. She one of the last two original occupants of that new building in 2001, so it has been a lot of trips to the recycling bin with student thesis files, convention papers and...
          Yesterday, 07:07 PM
        • Redlee
          Hello all, new here.
          by Redlee
          New here and looking for some help and guidance on scroll work and saws.
          I have a Hegner M25S and have recently made some upgrades and would like to improve the blade clamping. So looking for ideas and help.
          Thanks
          Yesterday, 05:54 PM
        • Ralph123
          Reply to Clock hardware Kits.
          by Ralph123
          I didn't get the message. What address did you send it to?
          Yesterday, 02:05 PM
        • meflick
          by meflick
          Whatever therapy works for you - is a good therapy. Glad your touch/retail therapy was beneficial for you Betty.

Scott, I am so sorry to ear that you and your wife have both had to fight through Covid. I hope this means that you are both on your way to healing, if a bit slowly....
          Yesterday, 12:14 PM
        Working...
        X