Ridgid Spindle/Belt Sander Poinions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Spindle/Belt Sander Poinions ?

I am thinking about buying a Ridgid EB 4424 Spindle/Belt Sander. Most of the reviews I've read make this out to be a great bench top sanding system for the money.. $199 at Home Depot . Do any of you have any experiences with this unit? I've read up on the Delta Boss , there are good reviews and bad on that one. The Jet is a great spindle only unit , tho pricey for my budget. I currently only own a palm sander, so the Ridgid is a real plus for giving me a belt sander built in. Any imput is appreciated in advance. BTW I'm still out of service on my Delta P-20..waiting for the new blade clamps. .....Larry http ://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2737&stc=1&d=117074308 8Ridgid-Edge-Belt-Sander-EB4424.jpg
    Last edited by snkysnake; 02-06-2007, 01:32 AM. Reason: Major Mis spellings !
    Larry

Dewalt 788 Owner "I love wood , with or without Mandolin strings"

Bought One Today

Thanks for looking , I'm gonna love this sander
    Larry

Dewalt 788 Owner "I love wood , with or without Mandolin strings"

Comment

Sorry, I have no experience with it, but for the price it sounds ok, and most Ive read about it is positive, so you can officially be the one to give us a review on it!! Enjoy the new sander. Dale
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

That you will,

I own one and enjoy it so far.

The reviews I have read confirm that this was a good choice.

Regards,
        Marcel
        http://marleb.com
        DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I think you will enjoy it. I have one and like it a lot. I don't use it extensively, but the flexibility of switching between spindle to belt is very handy and easy to do. I've also used the tilt table feature a few times. The dust collection with my shop vac works pretty well also.

I've used a Delta BOSS a couple times. It may be a heavier machine and may have more spindle travel, but I wouldn't trade my Ridgid for one.
          Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
            Reply to Workshop extension and major facelift - a work in progress
            by jim_mex
            Good observation Scott! You found a mistake on my side

The shop extension should read 11ft, not 13ft! I screwed up my conversion from cms to feet and inches.

You had me worried though that I'd screwed up the placement holes for the uprights and cross beams so I just went...
            Today, 01:58 PM
          • NC Scroller
            Reply to Workshop extension and major facelift - a work in progress
            by NC Scroller
            Just curious about the 13' extension. Building material, especially sheet goods are in 4' increments. Why 13'?...
            Today, 12:11 PM
          • jim_mex
            Reply to How’s that warm weather RJ?
            by jim_mex
            Hi folks - I really feel sorry for you people north of the border.

Here in Central Mexico, apart from a couple of days at the end of January where we had a couple of showers in the evenings we have seen hardly any clouds in the sky during the day since the New Year and although we 've...
            Today, 12:02 PM
          • jim_mex
            Reply to Blue Heron
            by jim_mex
            Wow! - this a stunning piece!

In particular the head is so lifelike it feels like if you got too close to this bird he (or she) would reach out and nip you with its beak....
            Today, 11:52 AM
          • planeur
            Reply to Blue Heron
            by planeur
            Hello Jo,
            It is me again , and after a close look of you Heron, WOW so much details and fine cuts. Was it a gift ?
            Just found the cie which sell the pattern ( in canada )

Have a good day.

planeur
            Today, 11:15 AM
          Working...
          X